The mkiv Supra Owners Club

Mines ecu! Genuine! Manual! Tt

adnanshah247

And yet you felt the need to ask on the for sale thread in a sarcastic manner rather than actually PM'ing the person, at least a hint of genuine curiosity might have helped.
There was nothing sarcastic about it, it was a genuine question. Tough shit if you don't like the questions I ask or how I ask them.

i just didn't want to see the fella getting torn a new one through no fault of his own.
Get you. Superhero Scott to the rescue!

I dunno WTF you're on about. How is asking him for further details of the item for sale "tearing him a new one"?

• Replies 51
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

If you want some info on the ECU send an Email to Mine's ([email protected]) including all the serial numbers and the make model of the car. They also prefer a couple of pictures.

Nori-san speaks good English but it might take a while to get an answer as they're always busy and non profit requests aren't a priority.

For what it's worth my car runs their ECU and it's bloody fantastic, as smooth as stock. BUT, mine was mapped specifically and not a generic plug and play unit. HTH.

i just thought Jake might have been taking the piss, i was tired and really wired yesterday, all week i been trying to get my car ready sleeping like 3-4 hours a night and working the rest of the day. if your request was genuine then i apologise Jake, if it wasnt then ow well but it really did seem to me that you were being sarcastic towards me. im not the type of person who just starts screaming and shouting over random things but like anyone else i do get annoyed and have my odd days.

i just thought Jake might have been taking the piss, i was tired and really wired yesterday, all week i been trying to get my car ready sleeping like 3-4 hours a night and working the rest of the day. if your request was genuine then i apologise Jake, if it wasnt then ow well but it really did seem to me that you were being sarcastic towards me. im not the type of person who just starts screaming and shouting over random things but like anyone else i do get annoyed and have my odd days.

I'm just interested to know if these Blitz/Mines/Etc modded ECUs are all that they're cracked up to be. I've never actually seen any hard evidence of what the features are, and you sounded like you'd found some specs or somesuch - which would be great to know for sure.

Eg. a raised rev limit (if so, how high?) would be good for some folks.

Raised boost cut would be good, 'though maybe removed altogether not so good?

etc etc.

:shrug:

Well after reading some old comments of jake's he does only take the piss and ask silly questions so im with scott and adnan on this, jake seems to be a keyboard worrior and annoys people so just ignore him, im sure if people was paying £500 for an ECU then they would do there own research if they was really interested.

If only i wasent going to germany id have had this for mine.

If only i wasent going to germany id have had this for mine.

I'm 99% sure they will not work on a UK spec, can't remember exactly why but TrickTT may know as he has one that he bought from IanR.

I think it's to do with the MAF on the UK James.

I’m not one to stick or back up any particular corner, as I am well aware there is a certain clique bunch on this site.

However, I don't quite see what it is with the Jake bashing in this thread? I have seen some tinternet warriors in my time - The type who promise much, until they meet you face to face. Jake doesn't really strike me as one of those types.

Some people take the internet way too seriously.

Anyway, goodluck with the sale Ad.

I can't contribute to any specifics in the technical dept, but I also have a mines ECU in mine. Car runs brilliantly, and from other peoples comments that I've heard who have been in a BPU car running the normal ECU and then gone in mine, it apparently makes a difference.

Other things I've read about (though can't link to at the moment). The Mines ECU changes the timing so only the best fuel you can get hold of should be used. This also allegedly affects the actual noise of the engine (it makes it louder).

It does not miraculously get rid of the lean spot when the second turbo comes online, I have a RR printout which shows this is still present, though the AFR values are all well within the green throughout the run.

As for the raised rev limit, I don't know, and I'm not going to find out ;)

Good luck with the sale matey :thumbs:

I think an auto ECU will work with a manual car but not the other way around because the auto ECU also controls some features of the gearbox :)

I had a Mines auto ecu on my manual TT and it messed around with the revs a bit- but it still ran ok

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue. You might also be interested in our Guidelines, Privacy Policy and Terms of Use.