The mkiv Supra Owners Club

I am in the money, I am in the money.

jamesmark

After a sh!t couple of days at work and the week looking like it was not going to get better things looked up a little today.

Just checked my email and got an email saying I am a winner on lastnights draw.

£1200 on 5 numbers (well £1190 to be exact). When I was checking the numbers my heart stopped as I thought it would only be a tenner, but then I checked the numbers and had to re check them over and over. I was no where near with the 6th number or the bonus ball which would have been £68k.:friday::ecstatic::yahoo:

• Replies 60
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Have you got next weeks numbers pm me.:friends:

Brings up a thought that i have always had. Do you always put on the same numbers? Now that 5 of them have came up, do you stick with the same ones or do you change them out for different ones?

Anytime i have bought a lottery ticket i have always picked the numbers then and there. Oh, i was in a syndicate at work but i didn't know my numbers. I feel it would always be for the best if one didn't know their numbers if they decided to stop putting the lottery on. I can't imagine how it would feel to forget to put the ticket on or pull out of a syndicate only to see your numbers come up lol.

Brings up a thought that i have always had. Do you always put on the same numbers? Now that 5 of them have came up, do you stick with the same ones or do you change them out for different ones?

I was having the same thought on the train home tonight, what are the odds of my numbers coming up again? 5 out my 6 numbers come up. However I think I will keep them as I have another line, and do them both Wednesday and Saturday.

I was having the same thought on the train home tonight, what are the odds of my numbers coming up again? 5 out my 6 numbers come up. However I think I will keep them as I have another line, and do them both Wednesday and Saturday.

I always laugh at that, the "odds" are the same. The probability is what changes.

Massive can-o-worms for anyone "into" math :D

I always laugh at that, the "odds" are the same. The probability is what changes.

Massive can-o-worms for anyone "into" math :D

open that can of worms. the odds of those numbers coming out again are the same as the probability of any single set of 6 numbers coming out.

open that can of worms. the odds of those numbers coming out again are the same as the probability of any single set of 6 numbers coming out.

Not quite the mathematician i see :D

I'll explain it in lamens terms. Tossing a coin, the odds on you tossing a coin and it landing on heads is 50/50. If you toss a coin 500 times and 500 times it lands on heads, what are the odds of it landing on heads for the 501st time? Easy, 2 to 1. The probability, however, is completely different and MASSIVELY in favour of tails.

Bookies set their odds on probability, not the other way around.

Not quite the mathematician i see :D

I'll explain it in lamens terms. Tossing a coin, the odds on you tossing a coin and it landing on heads is 50/50. If you toss a coin 500 times and 500 times it lands on heads, what are the odds of it landing on heads for the 501st time? Easy, 2 to 1. The probability, however, is completely different and MASSIVELY in favour of tails.

I would say that it was a dodgy coin and is MASSIVELY in favour of heads ;)

If you toss a coin 500 times and 500 times it lands on heads, what are the odds of it landing on heads for the 501st time? Easy, 2 to 1.

I think you'll find it's 1 to 1 - oh and it's layman's terms.

Bookies set their odds on making a profit. Have a look how the 'overround' works.

we are not talking about bookies odds here. we are talking mathematical odds.

no matter how many times it lands on heads the odds and probability of it landing on heads again are the same.

Congrats. :) Don't you think that you should have won more for 5 numbers? My friend got £900 for 5 numbers and I thought to myself then it seems a bit annoying that particular go loads of people got the same numbers hence the low pay out.

As I was at my work I could only check the numbers, but I did think along the lines of it being small as it is a wednesday draw and probably is not a rollover. My first thoughts were around £2k then I got home and checked the account and got £1190. :D

Hey I am over the moon if I win £10, owt is better than nowt.

My other number was Sarah's birthday which was 10, so she has got the blame. It is the second time she has cost me money in the lottery. The first time I got 4 main numbers plus the bonus ball, when I picked the numbers I ran out of dates so I used her age back then which was 25, if only she was born in July and not May as I played it in June and 24 came out so I woudl have had 5 + bonus ball, that was £134k. :(

If you toss a coin 500 times and 500 times it lands on heads, what are the odds of it landing on heads for the 501st time? Easy, 2 to 1. The probability, however, is completely different and MASSIVELY in favour of tails.

It's not.

Regardless of whether a chance occurrence (500 heads in your example) has happened the odds/chance/probabilty of it landing on tails the next time is still evens.