The mkiv Supra Owners Club

BPU TT GZ Auto

flukey-lukey

SOLD

- 1994 Toyota Supra GZ TT Auto

- Imported in 2003, bought by me in early 2006 with approx 100,000KM (approxx 60,000miles)

- 133,000km on the clock now so just over 82,500miles

- Resprayed in nissan Midnight Purple (LP2) may '08.

- MOT April 2010

- Taxed until end of September '09

- Autobox replaced last year for a unit with 55,000miles on it, TC was slipping on the original

The car has never wanted for anything, if something needed replacing it got replaced. I've Cared for this car like it was a little baby wrapped in cotton wool :-D

Heres a spec list, please note that every part on the list was bought by me so is less than 3 years old and most parts (suspension, wheels, bodywork) is less than 1 year old.

Bodywork/styling

- Do-luck front bumper (hump removed)

- Clear indicators

- Bomex sideskirts (blended into body)

- Trial rear bumper (blended into body)

- Likwid art badges

- Carbon Fibre Top Secret Type II Bonnet

- Custom refurbed headlights

- Aerocatch flush locking bonnet catches

- TRD rear spoiler with carbon centre and carbon end caps

Wheels/Suspension

- 18" Ultralite GT-II with Toyo T1R 265/35/18 (less than 1000km's old!)

- BC Racing Type BR Fully adjustable coilovers, 32 way dampening (brand new)

- Front strut brace

- Full Geometry setup by Tony at Wheels In Motion (May '09)

Electronics

- Autometer Oil temp gauge

- Autometer Oil pressure gauge

- Thor Fuel Cut Defender

- HKS Speed Limit Defender

- Apexi 60mm boost gauge

- Innovate LC-1 wideband with XD-16 gauge

Engine

- Denso IK22 spark plugs

- Polished upper rad pipe

- Blitz BOV

- Apexi Induction with polished intake pipe

- Blue silicone engine dress/hosing

- Blue rocker cover

- Relocated coolant overflow

- GTC Front Mount Intercooler and polished pipework

-'Sandwhich' plate

- Oil filter relocation kit

- Oil cooler Kit

Exhaust

- 2.5" Double de-cats (Whifbitz)

- Blitz 3" Nur spec exhaust

Brakes

- Goodridge Braided brake lines front + rear (DOT 5.1 fluid)

- 3G grooved front brake discs

- Mintex pads

Fuelling

- Walbro GSS342 fuel pump

- New fuel filter

Interior

- Carbon dash

- Factory optional extra RECARO seats with bride subframes (seats would benefit from recovering, but are still very comfortable and supportive)

- A-pillar double gauge pod (OEM fitment)

- Dyed black carpet

The beast drives faultless and has had regular oil changes using top quality oil (silkolene pro-s 10w 50) every 5-6000 km.

Dyno'd Using a reliable Dyno Dynamics rolling road the car produced 389.5 bhp (dyno sheets to prove)

Lots of OEM parts have been replaced while I've had it as a precaution and peace of mind for me.

The following were replaced at 130,000km

-New crank pully

-New Aux belt tensioner + aux belt

-New cam belt + tensioner

-New cam cover gaskets, bolts and washers

-New camshaft gaskets

-New Valve stem oil seals (Intake and exhaust)

-New camcover breather pipes

-New Denso Ik22 spark plugs

-New Toyota 4 life coolant

-New silkolene pro-s 10W50 oil

Also you'll see from the pictures quite a lot of misc bits/bling items in the engine bay I haven't listed. It would take too long!

If you're looking for a powerful, well maintained unique looking supra, this is definately worthy of a closer inspection. Thanks for reading.

*Private plate not included*

Its up on Pistonheads for £8600

Open to offers and possible PX (bike or family car?) but please note I'm in no massive rush to sell.

http://www.pistonheads.com/sales/1083833.htm

p.s I only drive this car from April to September/October. In winter it gets stored in a warm dry garage to prevent nasty corrosion :)

Hmm so if you get 9.2k for your GZ, maybe I could get that for my GZ Aero, mine has all the same mods minus the bonnet and respray, same mileage, BPU, etc.. Lovely colour though..

Maybe, the point is I have the balls to say I'd 'like' £9k for my car, because thats what I feel its worth. I'm definately not saying this is the price and offers won't be considered.

The best thing you can do with yours (after reading the thread you started) is put it up for sale for whatever price you want and see how it goes. Stop comparing to all others. I find that every supra I look at is unique in its own way, and should be judged on its own merits.

Very nice,

If it were manual, it'd be parked outside my driveway.

Thanks, manual conversion not tempting? ;)

I've thought about the manual conversion myself from time to time, but on the other hand I really really love the autobox and didn't want to regret it

• 2 weeks later...

Yeh I've discussed it with a couple of friends and the general feeling is the BMW will be easier to sell and more than likely fetch closer to £10k!?

It does look like a nice example, higher milage ones on pistonheads are going for 10k+ so I think I'll arrange to have a look at that :)

SOLD

A nice fella from Gateshead came down today and liked what he saw. Hopefully he'll be joining the forum next week so I can keep a track of my baby :)

He was buying it with the intention of converting to manual, but after we went for a test drive he himself was converted :D Just something for potential buyers to bear in mind... these auto boxes are excellent!

I feel a bit empty :(

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue. You might also be interested in our Guidelines, Privacy Policy and Terms of Use.