The mkiv Supra Owners Club

News papers, Lets make girls ill!

The Raven

• Replies 122
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Perhaps i should start a thread putting men down and being extremely rude and judgemental... There is plenty of fat ugly fookers about i'm sure!...

And yes i for one am NOT slim!!... and will now be wary of going to meets knowing how harsh you lot are :(

There's clearly a lot of shallow and judgemental folks around here, but then that's not so different from real life.

I'm a bit surprised by some of the posts on here to be honest. Do looks really matter that much? I'd rather spend time with a lady I enjoyed talking to and spending time with than one that just fitted a specific 'look' stereotype. As is often said, looks are only skin deep.

And Trace, if only you were single... :innocent: :blink::D

I'm a bit surprised by some of the posts on here to be honest. Do looks really matter that much? I'd rather spend time with a lady I enjoyed talking to and spending time with than one that just fitted a specific 'look' stereotype. As is often said, looks are only skin deep.

Looks don't, you're right.

I used to go out with this girl, which was founded on looks, for both of us. We gave it a good go (4 years), but in the end I found a really amazing girlfriend who just isn't so shallow and is just lovely. She's no cat-walk model (5ft), but she's gorgeous and I wouldnt swap her for anyone.

There's clearly a lot of shallow and judgemental folks around here, but then that's not so different from real life.

Awww thanks daryl You made me smile with that:d

Perhaps you men are when it comes to looks.. my point is and i'm talking about us curvy girls not excessively obese... Can we not eat a bar of choc with out the comments that have been recieved on here today...

I bet if we said you had small C**ks you wouldn't be so blase about it??!!! :D:p

Hmmm, I know what you're saying, but with your last comment I don't think you're quite comparing apples with apples.

Calling a bloke fat shouldn't be any different to calling a woman fat, yet it is.

Saying a bloke has got a small c**k isn't quite the same as calling them fat. It's a bit like saying to a woman you've got saggy t*ts. Sure it's still an insult but I personally think it's slightly more offensive.

If I had to choose to say one of those insults to a woman, I'd probably call them fat as I think they'd be less offended. If you see what I mean.

Hmmm, I know what you're saying, but with your last comment I don't think you're quite comparing apples with apples.

Calling a bloke fat shouldn't be any different to calling a woman fat, yet it is.

Saying a bloke has got a small c**k isn't quite the same as calling them fat. It's a bit like saying to a woman you've got saggy t*ts. Sure it's still an insult but I personally think it's slightly more offensive.

If I had to choose to say one of those insults to a woman, I'd probably call them fat as I think they'd be less offended. If you see what I mean.

Yep i do see what you mean totally!, my point being was how free people have been to jump in on the first page with these remarks.... Us girls on here Don't do it to you guys(on here) regardless if its cos your (not you) fat/ugly/smelly/spotty.etc. so why should you.....

As homer said its no different to real life in those respects we all have opinions etc... but i think people are judged to quickly!..

I only used mens sizes because it was a good insult to make as a point of offensiveness:)

And that sums it up for me :)

An italian friend of mine once said 'Marry a friend and not a lover', and after a few years I understood what he meant. The sex with the supermodel will only last so long before you need to converse with them and if you haven't got anything to talk about you are going to get awfully bored...

At the end of the day when you are 80, you will probably grateful of getting it up at all and not passing out from the blood loss :)

What about men, then? Are we similarly affected? It seems to me that the only way that men get portrayed in the media (particularly advertising) is either as a physically perfect adonis, or as the comedy sidekick to an attractive, successful woman. The type who can't fill in forms, arrange insurance, manage the family finances, cook, clean, etc, etc, etc, and is generally pulled out of his incompetency by his other half who appears in the nick of time with the miracle product which is amazingly simple enough for him to use. Queue shot of woman in the background rolling her eyes in exasperation as man is able to return to the task at hand.

Body image aside I think the women are by and large portrayed in an extremely very positive light in the majority of the media these days. While the "too fat / too thin" stories might be contradictory and misleading I think that the idea that whatever their size and shape, all women deserve nothing less than a physically perfect, rich, subserviant man to care for their every need is almost universally portrayed.

In short, the exact opposite of how it was 40 or 50 years ago. Equality? You decide...

Nail on the head with that post.

And that sums it up for me :)

An italian friend of mine once said 'Marry a friend and not a lover', and after a few years I understood what he meant. The sex with the supermodel will only last so long before you need to converse with them and if you haven't got anything to talk about you are going to get awfully bored...

At the end of the day when you are 80, you will probably grateful of getting it up at all and not passing out from the blood loss :)

True, but it's easier for Italian men as the women generally accept that their husbands will have mistresses...

Why can't you have both? the most important thing in a relatioship is being able to enjoy yourself with your partner, being able to make each other laugh and stay up ages just talking. Being able to see a future and having the same aspirations.

But i could not catagorically be with someone that i didn't head over heals fancy the ar$e off. Surely the first thing that attracts you to someone is their appearance, then the personality follows suite. :)

Why can't you have both? the most important thing in a relatioship is being able to enjoy yourself with your partner, being able to make each other laugh and stay up ages just talking. Being able to see a future and having the same aspirations.

But i could not catagorically be with someone that i didn't head over heals fancy the ar$e off. Surely the first thing that attracts you to someone is their appearance, then the personality follows suite. :)

The issue was/is more with how you guys talk about bigger girls...Yes of course everyone has a preference etc.. but does it mean you all have the right to the hurtful and harsh comments that you all make??.... Let me ask does it make you feel good?

The issue was/is more with how you guys talk about bigger girls...Yes of course everyone has a preference etc.. but does it mean you all have the right to the hurtful and harsh comments that you all make??.... Let me ask does it make you feel good?

I'd like to think that i was more respectful than most (until we got to the corsett debate that is!! :D )

There's is nothing wrong with being any shape or size. Not everyone in the world is going to fancy an single individual... well unless you're Leonadis that is!! :p

I'd like to think that i was more respectful than most (until we got to the corsett debate that is!! :D )

There's is nothing wrong with being any shape or size. Not everyone in the world is going to fancy an single individual... well unless you're Leonadis that is!! :p

Exactly my point matt!...you made the corset remarks!.. surely that puts you in the same shallow mind as the others?:D

Why does anyone feel the need to be so insulting to others... such a shame eh!

Exactly my point matt!...you made the corset remarks!.. surely that puts you in the same shallow mind as the others?:D

Why does anyone feel the need to be so insulting to others... such a shame eh!

It was the standard deterioration of an internet discussion. :D I have only refered to a sterotypical, none individual, heavier woman dressing in a tight corsett in an "insulting way", because if they are putting it all on show. Then they are specifically asking for people to form opinions. Much the same as a girl would comment on a huge chap walking along in a string vest, or a big guy wearing speedos on the beach!

It's the obsence i was refering to and, if you will; "insulting", certainly not heavier women in general. To which there is nothing wrong with. My own personal preferance is a girl of an "average" weight within their BMI range perhaps. I find slimmer girls more attractive, but that can't be held against anyone, much in the same way as some people have a preferance for blondes, or blue eyes etc.

I don't think that should be the case at all. I wouldn't be for making everyone look the same, at all. In relation to the magazines, the original topic, I think if girls stopped reading them; they would be better off (in many ways!). In relation to corsets - I agree some do look great but I am not a connoisseur (i.e. Animal et al.). As for people being what ever shape they are happy with - who cares as long as they aren't a murderer? That's my real opinion, not internet drivel.

It was the standard deterioration of an internet discussion. :D I have only refered to a sterotypical, none individual, heavier woman dressing in a tight corsett in an "insulting way", because if they are putting it all on show. Then they are specifically asking for people to form opinions. Much the same as a girl would comment on a huge chap walking along in a string vest, or a big guy wearing speedos on the beach!

I was the same. In all honesty I don't care if someone is fat or thin. It's their life. People like all shapes and sizes. Sorry if I offended anyone, that was not my intention and perhaps I was unclear and came across to be a rude/hurtful twat. Truly sorry.

:(

I don't think that should be the case at all. I wouldn't be for making everyone look the same, at all. In relation to the magazines, the original topic, I think if girls stopped reading them; they would be better off (in many ways!). In relation to corsets - I agree some do look great but I am not a connoisseur (i.e. Animal et al.). As for people being what ever shape they are happy with - who cares as long as they aren't a murderer? That's my real opinion, not internet drivel.

I think you missed my point mate.

I meant not a single individual is going to be fancied by everyone... unless that individual is Leonidas!!

Never mind!

I think you missed my point mate.

I meant not a single individual is going to be fancied by everyone... unless that individual is Leonidas!!

Never mind!

By that, do you mean me or the Spartan warrior?

No, I didn't quite get it as the sentence was a bit unclear.

just out of interest matt if a fat bird tried to chat you up would you tell her she was too fat for your liking or blow her off with some bull :D

Of course i wouldn't lol! I'd probably talk to her as i talk to anyone... (maybe get a free drink out of it! :sly: :D )