News papers, Lets make girls ill!

The Raven

• Replies 122
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

its like watching a human lava lamp when they walk down the street

I just had to clean my keyboard after spitting orange juice on it after reading that, made me chuckle.

I don't think there is anything wrong with healthy-skinny or trim so long as the girl isn't too thin. I'm personally not a fan of girls that are too skinny (bag of bones), or likewise too fat. I'd never judge anyone by their weight though, but I do get a shiver down my spine when I see an incredibly overweight person which there seems to be an awful lot of these days.

I just wonder (besides clinical fatness) how people can let themselves get into that situation?

I just couldn't let myself get fat, maybe that's why I have such a hard time understanding it. I workout 3 times a week and I don't see any hardship in doing so unless you have a medical condition that prevents you from doing so. So many people say they don't have time, well getting to be obese means you have to spend a lot of time eating, why not convert all that time spent eating into exercise so you can live a longer life...

Anyway, this post may make me come across as a big of an arrogant dude, but I'm not I just don't really understand how people can really let themselves get unhealthily overweight. Just to make it clear, I'm not talking about people with a few extra pounds, nothing wrong with that, I'm talking about the really fat people who are putting themselves in danger healthwise.

Curvy gets my vote every time. It doesn't matter if your a size 10 or a size 18 as long as everything is more or less in proportion. Plus, skinny girls can't make a corset look good.

That just contradict what you are saying though.

You appear to like corsets and have bought your GF one, but isn't the purpose of a corset to make a girl look slimmer than she is? Plus, Looking at a girl with a corsett on is more attractive because they do look slimmer in them?

It's nice that some people like large, some like slim. Leaves more for the type you prefer.

Funnily enough, there are more woman than men in the world.

I don't know exactly what the ratio is, but if every man in this world paired up with a woman, there would be females left without a partner....

Suppose that's where multiple wives comes in :sly: :D

That just contradict what you are saying though.

You appear to like corsets and have bought your GF one, but isn't the purpose of a corset to make a girl look slimmer than she is? Plus, Looking at a girl with a corsett on is more attractive because they do look slimmer in them?

No it doesnt, a good corset will pull your waist in, but it doesn't make you slimmer per se, what it does is give you an hourglass figure and accentuate your curves. If you have no curves to begin with, then your on a loser straight away.

No it doesnt, a good corset will pull your waist in, but it doesn't make you slimmer per se, what it does is give you an hourglass figure and accentuate your curves. If you have no curves to begin with, then your on a loser straight away.

Corsetts were the 18th Century's answer to the fact that they hadn't invented plastic surgery yet.

Waist in, boobs out.. Or on the slab; tummy tuck and boob job.

A simple method of getting a figure they didn't have.

Who the .... is Matt-Philo? Gok-wang of the health world?

Nat-Philo was an old philosophy book. Play on words :)

What about men, then? Are we similarly affected? It seems to me that the only way that men get portrayed in the media (particularly advertising) is either as a physically perfect adonis, or as the comedy sidekick to an attractive, successful woman. The type who can't fill in forms, arrange insurance, manage the family finances, cook, clean, etc, etc, etc, and is generally pulled out of his incompetency by his other half who appears in the nick of time with the miracle product which is amazingly simple enough for him to use. Queue shot of woman in the background rolling her eyes in exasperation as man is able to return to the task at hand.

Body image aside I think the women are by and large portrayed in an extremely very positive light in the majority of the media these days. While the "too fat / too thin" stories might be contradictory and misleading I think that the idea that whatever their size and shape, all women deserve nothing less than a physically perfect, rich, subserviant man to care for their every need is almost universally portrayed.

In short, the exact opposite of how it was 40 or 50 years ago. Equality? You decide...

can we start the "BMI is crap" argument.

According to BMI people below average height who work out (6 pack etc) and have a good ammount of muscle are classed as obese.

p.s i love a bigger girl. I also love corsets :D

If we're talking about women (which we are), then unless they have been working out to achieve a pair of guns that Arnie would be proud of, the BMI scale is a good bet.

Corsetts were the 18th Century's answer to the fact that they hadn't invented plastic surgery yet.

Waist in, boobs out.. Or on the slab; tummy tuck and boob job.

A simple method of getting a figure they didn't have.

A corset is not ment to give you the same figure as a women with fake boobs or a small waist, like animal said it is ment to accentuate curves and give you an hour glass shape, nothing fake about that

Im assuming you havent seen a girl in a REAL corset above the size 14?

What about men, then? Are we similarly affected? It seems to me that the only way that men get portrayed in the media (particularly advertising) is either as a physically perfect adonis, or as the comedy sidekick to an attractive, successful woman. The type who can't fill in forms, arrange insurance, manage the family finances, cook, clean, etc, etc, etc, and is generally pulled out of his incompetency by his other half who appears in the nick of time with the miracle product which is amazingly simple enough for him to use. Queue shot of woman in the background rolling her eyes in exasperation as man is able to retuen to the task at hand.

Body image aside I think the women are by and large portrayed in an extremely very positive light in the majority of the media these days. While the "too fat / too thin" stories might be contradictory and misleading I think that the idea that whatever their size and shape, all women deserve nothing less than a physically perfect, rich, subserviant man to care for their every need is almost universally protrayed.

In short, the exact opposite of how it was 40 or 50 years ago. Equality? You decide...

I agree completely, tv adverts that stereotype men as useless, stupid and incompetent are shockingly common - and it seems to be perfectly acceptable.

On a seperate topic, anyone else notice that fat people will be insulted if you call them fat, but they think it's perfectly ok to call a skinny person skinny? Or is it just me?

Im assuming you havent seen a girl in a REAL corset above the size 14?

I tend to aviod looking when the human equivelent of an over packed suitcase jelly's towards me! :D

I agree completely, tv adverts that stereotype men as useless, stupid and incompetent are shockingly common - and it seems to be perfectly acceptable.

What's wrong with that?! if they keep thinking we're useless, then we won't have to do any of it!! :D

On a seperate topic, anyone else notice that fat people will be insulted if you call them fat, but they think it's perfectly ok to call a skinny person skinny? Or is it just me

That's a very good point actually! lol

Hijack of a hijacked thread here but when I think of you Matt (which is most nites to be honest) I always imagine the picture of you bouncing on a trampoline.

Think I might have a man crush. Ohhhhh great. :(

Arw yes, those were the days. Still have the original pinned to the back of my desk.

Some of the best times of my life were trampoline related...

Laminated (for durability) copy in the post just for you Ed ;) :)

If you don't put it in your mouth it don't go on the waist bum hips etc. I am aware that overweight women often claim its genetics or due to a slow metabolism but frankly boll*cks.

"I don't mean to come across as unsympathetic but I am unsympathetic so thats how it comes across"