The mkiv Supra Owners Club

News papers, Lets make girls ill!

The Raven

• Replies 122
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

If you don't put it in your mouth it don't go on the waist bum hips etc. I am aware that overweight women often claim its genetics or due to a slow metabolism but frankly boll*cks.

"I don't mean to come across as unsympathetic but I am unsympathetic so thats how it comes across"

Corr blimey Keith.

Don't take any prisoners do you matey.

:taped:

strange quote of the week award goes to Matt H.

I thought you would like that one! :D

For the memiors ;)

I am aware that overweight women often claim its genetics or due to a slow metabolism but frankly boll*cks.

I think that genetics does play some part in it certainly. Take for example when you are teenager. I could eat a 7 pack of peguins for a snack and not think anything of it. Even though i was growing, If all that food i ate went into my growth, i reckon i'd be pushing the barrier at 14' now! :D

At 18 to 21 I could eat take-aways all week long and while i exercised, i didn't get fat. Now, i have to watch what i eat more.

While it's certainly true also that if you're fat, it's down to you over eating, it may be that your over eating may not be any worse than the slim person sitting oposite you, it's just that they were fortunate in having a system that decides not to store as much as you.

There was a program on just the other night where they attempted to dispel the myth of slow metabolism. There was a comedien who was overweight but claimed she ate quite healthily and exercised regularly, and couldn't work out why she couldn't loose weight.

They did some tests to measure how many calories were in her urine, and it turned out she was under-reporting in her "food diary" the number of calories she was eating. She should have been eating 2000, and was reporting that she was eating 1200. The tests showed that she was actually eating 3000 calories a day.

Turned out that although the food she was eating was healthy enough, the portion sizes were monstrously large.

Turned out her metabolism was absolutely spot on to what is should be. The likelihood of someone having a slow metabolism is quite small, but it's something nice to blame when you can't work out if you've been eating too many calories or not.

On a seperate topic, anyone else notice that fat people will be insulted if you call them fat, but they think it's perfectly ok to call a skinny person skinny? Or is it just me?

just like a bulimic's lunch this point was brought up in a conversation i had today. it also seems to be the same with height related remarks. on a drunken night out a few months back my mate got floored by a short person for calling him short. youd never see a tall person get all aggro if someone said 'crikey look how tall you are!!'

there are many other areas where this case of double standards comes into play but now is not the time or place to discuss them.

I think its more how you guys say it is an issue!.. I mean listen to you all.. you all sound so nasty and horrible about a girls size.....When as i said before i'm sure alot of you are no gift either but you judge so harshly!:(:p

I am entitled to :)

I THINK he is reffering to him having an 'apparant' fit body, theres been a few posts and im starting to think he if gagging for us to ask for pics for conformation

So come on then, get your pics up and we will comment on your BMI of 25

Edit - Your perfectly entitled to your opinion, as is everyone, but as a training doctor some of your posts disturb me

I THINK he is reffering to him having an 'apparant' fit body, theres been a few posts and im starting to think he if gagging for us to ask for pics for conformation

So come on then, get your pics up and we will comment on your BMI of 25

Edit - Your perfectly entitled to your opinion, as is everyone, but as a training doctor some of your posts disturb me

Yeh, I guess I am being a bit of a tit to be honest. It's not like everyone I know is some adonis... Sorry if I offended you.

But I really do feel there is a lack of self-blame with regard to people's weights. It takes a long time to put the weight on and a long time to get rid of it.

I'm not training to be a medical doctor btw.

EDIT: These magazines are awful and should be totally destroyed - but it's the way our "culture" is going at the moment.

And yes i for one am NOT slim!!... and will now be wary of going to meets knowing how harsh you lot are :(

I think this has derailed quite a lot! I haven't ever been to a meet - I don't even have a supra! It'd be a shame that people were put off by this thread. Hopefully nothing I have said has done that.

Thing is, I don't care what people do or how they look provided they don't complain about it.

Let me be clear; there is a tendancy for girls to read these magazines, say "Look at her... I'm so fat" and then eat some chocolate. No sympathy from me basically. Everything else I may have said about "fatties" was me being a dick.

Perhaps i should start a thread putting men down and being extremely rude and judgemental... There is plenty of fat ugly fookers about i'm sure!...

And yes i for one am NOT slim!!... and will now be wary of going to meets knowing how harsh you lot are :(

Spot on. It doesn't paint some of our members in a very good light.

TBH I'd have closed this thread long ago. You just can't get the staff these days. :innocent:

Spot on. It doesn't paint some of our members in a very good light.

TBH I'd have closed this thread long ago. You just can't get the staff these days. :innocent:

I never would have thought i'd wish you a mod again after wanting to pull my pig tails and push me over hun!:D

Perhaps i should start a thread putting men down and being extremely rude and judgemental... There is plenty of fat ugly fookers about i'm sure!...

I don't think it would really worry too many men to be honest. Most of us realise that eventually we're going to become old, pot bellied grey haired ugly buggers anyway and we're thick skinned enough to be called as such. Women in general, are a lot more concerned about their looks.

If one of my male friends was eating some chocolate for example, I'd quite happily call him a fat barsteward, even if they weren't. If I said the same to any of my female friends I would expect it would genuinely offend them.

Men seem to be able to take a bit of banter about their appearance, whereas women find it less amusing.

I don't think it would really worry too many men to be honest. Most of us realise that eventually we're going to become old, pot bellied grey haired ugly buggers anyway and we're thick skinned enough to be called as such. Women in general, are a lot more concerned about their looks.

If one of my male friends was eating some chocolate for example, I'd quite happily call him a fat barsteward, even if they weren't. If I said the same to any of my female friends I would expect it would genuinely offend them.

Men seem to be able to take a bit of banter about their appearance, whereas women find it less amusing.

Perhaps you men are when it comes to looks.. my point is and i'm talking about us curvy girls not excessively obese... Can we not eat a bar of choc with out the comments that have been recieved on here today...

I bet if we said you had small C**ks you wouldn't be so blase about it??!!! :D:p