The mkiv Supra Owners Club

Gauging Interest.Single Turbo, JDL Kitted Six Speed

Tricky-Ricky

I have been talking about it for a while now, and as I'm getting a little bored with the Supra, and fancy a change.

So I'm considering selling, but only if i get a sensible return, or possible PX with cash my way for the right car.

I am in no hurry, nor do i need to sell, so daft offers will not be entertained.

M reg six speed JDL kitted single (GT4088) this has a precision turbo hot side with NO signs of overheated turbine, and NOT the Garrett housing which is made from the wrong material and will cause damage at high temps, as its made for diesel's! and in fact just been rebuilt with double seals on the hot side.

Anyway i digress, there are pics in my garage, and i will endeavour to document all the mods eventually, this was a fresh import from Jurgen JM Imports back in 2006, and I'll have to check but i think there is still under 50K on it.

Just testing the water at the moment, so more details and pics

to follow.

• Replies 56
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Finally taking the jump out then mate, what you got in mind to replace it with...im STILL having that nightmare.

Great car this, and I too share the same views on the GT4088, I also had a genuine Precision Garrett unit and this too was clean and completely undamaged when removed...seems its only the copies that have issues.

Good luck mate! :thumbs:

I'd be interested when I sell the tuscan possibly. Unless we could do some sort of swap with a bit of cash ;)

Sorry, but TVRs are not my cup of tea:)

whats the price gonna be in the region of mate ?

Offers in the mid teens.

Finally taking the jump out then mate, what you got in mind to replace it with...im STILL having that nightmare.

Great car this, and I too share the same views on the GT4088, I also had a genuine Precision Garrett unit and this too was clean and completely undamaged when removed...seems its only the copies that have issues.

Good luck mate! :thumbs:

Thanks Sean, yes i have no real idea what to replace it with, and i still enjoy it from time to time, but i just fancy a change rather than keep throwing money at the Supra, and although its capable of over 600BHP with an injector change and a remap, i still want a change.

Great looking car fella best of luck with the sale;)

Thanks mate:)

Here are a couple of pics, and as much spec as i can remember right now.

[iimage

Bodywork:

JDL full body kit, side skirts, front wings, front and rear bumpers, whole kit blended, full respray in Glacier white,

GT Carbon rear spoiler.

Brakes: Factory option UK spec brakes, with Goodridge stainless braided hoses and Endless pads.

Wheels & Suspension:

Jero deep dish alloys, 8.5”x18” and 9.5”x18” fitted with new Falken 451 & 452 tyres,

Tein Super Street dampers & springs, fitted with Tein EDFC electronic in car adjustable damping,

Interior:

Konig GT seats,

Richbrook steering wheel,

full built in ICE install

(Imported form Japan with this) Alpine CDA 9538R MP3 head unit, component front speakers, two Alpine sub woofers, two Alpine 2 ch amplifiers and Alpine active crossover.

Electronics and instrumentation:

Greddy Emanage ultimate piggyback ECU,

Denso 540cc high impedance injectors,

Walbro fuel pump.

Blitz SBC- I colour boost controller with oil pressure function,

Innovate motorsports LM-1, LMA-3, XD-13 , wideband lambda and data logging, (allows full data logging with PC software included, so makes further upgrades/tuning very easy)

Redline motorsport EGT multi gauge and thermocouples, showing EGT, oil temp, water temp and air temp,(this is aircraft grade equipment)

Aquamist 2D mappable water injection and DDS-3 monitor/gauge with built in fail safe functions,

Headlights upgraded to HID bulbs/ballast’s. LED sidelights and indicators.

HKS boost gauge,

fuel pressure gauge,

Rear view camera system with mirror monitor, makes parking a dodle.

Engine:

Apex air filter, full Motorini stainless 3"exhaust system,with 3" decats.

Garrett GT4088 turbo with Precision exhaust housing,(just been rebuilt by Turbo Technics with double exhaust seals) tube manifold with HKS external waste gate,

Tial type BOV,

adjustable exhaust pulley,

Apexi Exhaust valve (helps not to wake the neighbours)

19 row Mocal oil cooler and thermostatic take off plate, with the correct sized braided stainless hoses.

Gearbox :

V160 six speed, RPS superstreet clutch and OEM flywheel, factory LSD.

Thats all i can remember at present, makes approximately 450 BHP at 1-1.0BAR and 500BHP at 1.35BAR, can easily make well over 600BHP with a change of injectors and a remap.

Edit: Just checked and it has only just gone over 50K mls, was an auction grade 4 with auction paperwork, and its M reg.

Looking for £14500 will take a PX for a 350Z with cash my way.

Private sale only! no traders!

• 2 weeks later...
Mate you have done a great job on this motor i remember when i had my last Supra and watched you building it up ;)

Thanks James, i am pretty pleased with the end result, just a bit bored now, so I'm looking for a new toy, trouble is i keep getting offered PXs but so far nothing i am really interested in.

I too share the same views on the GT4088, I also had a genuine Precision Garrett unit and this too was clean and completely undamaged when removed...seems its only the copies that have issues.

Correct, mine has endured >600 bhp for over two years without issue. Think mapping plays a big part.

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue. You might also be interested in our Guidelines, Privacy Policy and Terms of Use.