The mkiv Supra Owners Club

Late '94 Aero-Top

georigg

I'm having to sell my Supra Aerotop as it is just not getting used as my wife is registered disabled and cannot get in and out of the car, so it sits in the drive while we use her car!

First registered in Japan on 1/9/94 and first registered in UK on 5/6/2007, its a silver Aerotop JZ non-Turbo model.

The car is in excellent condition, apart from a slight dent on the rear wheel arch courtesy of an errant parking attempt by a 4x4 in Morrisons car park(may be visible in the photos) and the usual minor scratches etc which come from normal driving/parking in UK). Inside, the car is in excellent condition, no damage to seats etc..

Since buying the car I have added UK suspension(springs and new shocks all round) in an effort to make it "smoother" on the road, and have also added a Carbing front strut brace, which is the recommended minimum for the Aero to remove or minimise scuttle shake with the roof off.

I also added 18" Stealth alloys(9" wide) which have 225/35-18 on front and 235/40-18 on the rear.

The car also has a full META M99/M36T2 Thatcham 1 alarm fitted which covers the interior when the roof is off as well as being sensitive enough that just touching the car sets off the alarm.

I have also installed the recommended rear fog light conversion where the inner brake lights double as fog lights(see photos).

I replaced the centre exausts with straight pipe(no silencers) and I also have a spare rear box available which will go with the car. The present set-up gives a nice rich tone to the exhaust without being "loud", a-la some of the big-bore kits.

Lastly I have installed a Sony CDX-GT41OU which is a LW/MW/FM with a front mounted USB socket and a separate 3.5mm jack socket for an MP3 player. The disc player also plays MP3/WMA/ATRAC & AAC discs and with 50watts per channel it feeds into replacement Infinity rears and front speakers.

Just after buying, I had the speedo converted by NCS Ltd (it now reads in MPH and has the full 180MPH speedo dial, rather than the stick-on converter kits). The Mileage at conversion has been verified in writing at 65,780 miles and now 2 years later at 68,880 miles, it can be seen it has been very rarely used.

Lastly, the timing belt was changed out when I bought the car and is therefore good for many more miles.

I am also selling the car with a full maintenance and service manuals which provide both electrical diagrams and full servicing information. These are in three separate manuals, the first comprising the general information which is on the Supra board, the second giving the electrical diagrams and the third covering all mechanical work.

I paid £4700 for this car in June 2007(receipt available) and have spent over another £1000 on the wheels & tyres, the strut brace and the tax which has just been renewed for one year.

The MOT will be done in the next two days, due on 4 June(OoPs I forgot about it!!!!).

I'm therefore looking for £4700 for the car, which I think is a reasonable price, given the additional items fitted.

I would be willing to deliver the car anywhere in UK and will cover 50% of my return fare(train) to any seller south of Hardrians Wall (England to you & me). Last point.....the private number is not for sale, unless someone wants to offer me about another £10000 for both numbers prrsently on wifes/my car!! The Original number is M317UTF.

Contact me on my mobile for more info, if required(07875 596123) or PM me if interested.

I will sell to the first person meeting my price or coming near to it!

Rgds

Georigg(George)

Last point.....the private number is not for sale, unless someone wants to offer me about another £10000 for both numbers prrsently on wifes/my car!! The Original number is M317UTF.

You might find that you dont get the original number back when you take your personal plate off - this happened to me.

Other than that, have a free bump and good luck with your sale.

Hi Gordon,

Never had a problem before, and Ive had both numbers for a few years now and a number of car changes, including two other imports.............always got the original number back at change time.

As Ive just seen another car I want, ( an SLK) I'm willing to haggle if anyone is interested, but thinks my price is too high.

Rgds

George

I'm withdrawing my car for the moment, Ive had a look at the SLK, had a drive in it and I was NOT impressed!

I think think the car was an import, its suspension was actually harder than the Supra and the seating was not firm, it was solid....like sitting on a block of wood!........ouch!!!!

So the Supra stays!

Rgds

George

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue. You might also be interested in our Guidelines, Privacy Policy and Terms of Use.