The mkiv Supra Owners Club

Fuel Prices Gone Up In USA....

heckler

I just came back from USA the other week and I just got my credit card bill. Average price to fill the tank = £14. Did about 5000 miles for £250. Cannot be bothered to work out the maths but that is well cheap without even applied too much brain power

My two local Shell stations have stopped selling Optimax in the last couple of weeks. Has anyone noticed this in the UK??? Rather worrying, it's one thing to be charged a forture but to stop selling 98RON fuel is a kick in the b*llocks too...

My two local Shell stations have stopped selling Optimax in the last couple of weeks. Has anyone noticed this in the UK??? Rather worrying, it's one thing to be charged a forture but to stop selling 98RON fuel is a kick in the b*llocks too...

My local Esso has stopped selling Super Unleaded, the nearest place I can get decent petrol is a 50 minute round trip away :swear:

Its a good excuse to give my car a run I suppose :rolleyes:

I'm not surprised they feel that way, its gone up about 110% in the last 5 years. Ours has gone up about by about 15% and that's bad enough. It all depends on what your used too, but imagine if the Uk fuel prices had gone up that much! I make that roughly £1.57 a litre:Pling: :complain:

Don't know why the garages are stopping selling optimax though perhaps they don't want the bad publicity of having fuel that costs over a £1 a litre?

Do you not get the Shell V-Power 100 octane stuff Nick ?

I know they have it in Germany and Austria so, would have thought it to be around most NW Euro countries.

However, in the US V-Power is only 90-93 octane so, in Nederland they might water it down to 95 octane ???

I see that last year they brought out V-Power deisel, how many Joe average punter is going to see V-Power and put either fuel in :eek: