The mkiv Supra Owners Club

Wtf - lol

ellis

• Replies 59
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

English is the new Latin - a dead language.

Only on chat forums where, strickly speaking, it doesn't really mater.

In my place of work, our bids, tenders, reports, correspondance and tech data has to be spotless English wise. Our company, like any company worth it's salt, has to appear 110% comeptant and highly skilled at all times. A dip in the quality of written work would be a huge blow to the high customer confidence we enjoy as not one our clients wants to read poorly written documentation. That would echo lazyiness / lack of effort, incompetence and an inability.

Ah now that is a refreshing to change to a come back!.. well done, Now that made me smile!:D

Well, adnanshah247 did have a point, even if his retort was brief!

In my place of work, our bids, tenders, reports, correspondance and tech data has to be spotless English wise. Our company, like any company worth it's salt, has to appear 110% comeptant and highly skilled at all times. A dip in the quality of written work would be a huge blow to the high customer confidence we enjoy as not one our clients wants to read poorly written documentation. That would echo lazyiness / lack of effort, incompetence and an inability.

Yes, you are right there, I was generalising. The general public has not yet come to accept drivel instead of professional/business English - and it will be a sorry time if that day arrives!

Just imagine:-

A Mars a day 'elps u's keep trippin'

Mr Kipling shifts sorted scoff - innit.

Yo, Kick back, bosh a KitKat in ur scoffer

Ok nobody pounce on me but do you think it has an effect on the way we speak as to the way we type?.. or is that just stupid?

Awww, I like pouncing...

The two are definitely interconnected though, the "youth" will always make an attempt to obfuscate what they are saying, so the "elders" don’t understand them – gives them a feeling of power! It’s also sometimes a reflection of the person's vocabulary size and understanding. Once you have that language established, you can't help but type in the same style, and vice-versa.

Plus there are A LOT of people that type something and hit "post" without first reading it back - that really doesn't help, but does make you answer a thread a lot quicker!!

Awww, I like pouncing...

The two are definitely interconnected though, the "youth" will always make an attempt to obfuscate what they are saying, so the "elders" don’t understand them – gives them a feeling of power! It’s also sometimes a reflection of the person's vocabulary size and understanding. Once you have that language established, you can't help but type in the same style, and vice-versa.

Plus there are A LOT of people that type something and hit "post" without first reading it back - that really doesn't help, but does make you answer a thread a lot quicker!!

Thank you flip!.. for either pouncing and not seeming like you was or semi understanding what i was trying to say!..

Think i may go sit back in the corner now hehehe

Thank you flip!.. for either pouncing and not seeming like you was or semi understanding what i was trying to say!..

Think i may go sit back in the corner now hehehe

Hehe, you don't have to do that - if my semi understanding was correct, then you have a valid point!

our company, like any company worth it's salt, has to appear 110% comeptant and highly skilled at all times. A dip in the quality of written work would be a huge blow to the high customer confidence we enjoy as not one our clients wants to read poorly written documentation. That would echo lazyiness / lack of effort, incompetence and an inability.

:D

I'm being petty, I know. :)

:D

I'm being petty, I know. :)

:D:d

Au contraire Mr B

At first glance it even reads "110% comepants."

Nope, it's just too obvious. Big, fat, juicy hook. I'm not biting.

Arrrgh, hoooked. Curses.