The mkiv Supra Owners Club

Wtf - lol

ellis

• Replies 59
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Fyi, i h8 lol, wtf + rofl + txt etc. Tbh ppl, imho idc if ur gr8, i cba atm. Plz dnt. Soz.

Gtg hth ttfn, nfo!!

;)

umm,

For your information, I hate laughing out loud, what the f"ck and rolling on the floor laughing and text etc. To be honest people, In my honest opinion, I do condone (?) if you're great, I can be arsey (?!) at the moment. Please don't. Sorry

Gtg? (get the gripe?)

hth (how the hell?)

ttfn (the total f"cking nerve?)

nfo (now f"ck off?)

Perhaps most of us thought that you had just recieved this and was showing us to amuse!.. or vent! :p:D

No - it was a message to all on here who use txt spk that I can't abide it, I hate it, I prefer the version of speech as designed and implemented by Elizabeth!

No - it was a message to all on here who use txt spk that I can't abide it, I hate it, I prefer the version of speech as designed and implemented by Elizabeth!

Probably get the opposite reaction though. People will do it to annoy you now!

You, me and a thousand others on here!.. now could you go accross to facebook and implement it on there!!.. A new mission for you:D

Text speak is rather irritating, but I believe a necessary evil that has been born from an age that cannot type. When I were a wee lad, chat rooms were the big thing, and the only way to hold a conversation was to type. As quite a few people were getting into these hip new "computer" things (damn rich parents) they didn't necessarily know which end of the keyboard to poke to get the magic box to say things for them, so adopted this mutant abomination of shorthand/"poke any key you damn well please" English to enable them to say more than "hello" before everyone else fell asleep.

Unfortunately, with the advent of mainstream mobile phones, this has forked off into text speak, and (staying with the PC side of things) "leet" speak. Now we have many people (none of this forum, of course) than have trouble distinguishing the difference between phone/forum/email/msn/talking/day/night/earth/mars/etc and this mutant language has become "accepted" as the way of passing over information.

Until we have a USB port in the side of our heads to enable computer input I can't see this changing either, so it is left with us elite few that can press more than six keys within a minute to carry on the dying art of written English.

English is the new Latin - a dead language.

Text speak is rather irritating, but I believe a necessary evil that has been born from an age that cannot type. When I were a wee lad, chat rooms were the big thing, and the only way to hold a conversation was to type. As quite a few people were getting into these hip new "computer" things (damn rich parents) they didn't necessarily know which end of the keyboard to poke to get the magic box to say things for them, so adopted this mutant abomination of shorthand/"poke any key you damn well please" English to enable them to say more than "hello" before everyone else fell asleep.

Unfortunately, with the advent of mainstream mobile phones, this has forked off into text speak, and (staying with the PC side of things) "leet" speak. Now we have many people (none of this forum, of course) than have trouble distinguishing the difference between phone/forum/email/msn/talking/day/night/earth/mars/etc and this mutant language has become "accepted" as the way of passing over information.

Until we have a USB port in the side of our heads to enable computer input I can't see this changing either, so it is left with us elite few that can press more than six keys within a minute to carry on the dying art of written English.

English is the new Latin - a dead language.

...................okkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkk :p