Dude's 2009/2010 Project

dude

• Replies 719
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Just out of interest how much does 1 of these custom looms cost.

Its the comined cost of the loom and the life ecu thats putting me off, the S6 appears to be able to do everything I want and luke and Matt are keen to just make a stock loom but with all new plugs and decent wire, we can leave out any unwanted plugs etc and keep it real neat.

Its the comined cost of the loom and the life ecu thats putting me off, the S6 appears to be able to do everything I want and luke and Matt are keen to just make a stock loom but with all new plugs and decent wire, we can leave out any unwanted plugs etc and keep it real neat.

An F88 and custom loom is surely 3 if not 4 times the price of an S6 but your not getting 4 times the benefit.

Go for an S6 matey :thumbs:

An F88 and custom loom is surely 3 if not 4 times the price of an S6 but your not getting 4 times the benefit.

Go for an S6 matey :thumbs:

Not quite that much of a difference Wez, prob double the price to me. But I don't see the point and if we do get stuck on anything im sure Ryan will have the answer ready to hand. Its just wether there are enough pin outs for what we need, Ryan is working out which model we will have to go with at the moment.

Especially after I told you the cost of the aircraft grade wire per meter!

Anyway, while I was down at AFR getting a few last little jobs finished off, Dude got a delivery, next thing I know he's sat in the corner of the workshop stroking his new toy.... a 3.4 Billet Stroker Crank.... bit of a nice paper weight... ;)

• 2 weeks later...
  • 3 months later...

OK now the push is on to be ready for this year. Turbo is ordered and will arrive soon as ar the new 280 10.4 lift cams, the motor will be together this coming week and head will be finished soon.Then we still have to build the spare 3.4 bottom end. We are ripping the fuel tank out and putting in a fuel cell for safety and a single Aeromotive pump with -12 lines and 1600cc injectors. The rear studs are comiong out tomorrow and the new £500 for 10 going in, the flocked interior is coming out and Matt will be making a new engine loom, heres a few pics from today, same as another thread but what the hell, more tomorrow.

Cranks

P1000967.JPG

P1000968.JPG

P1000969.JPG

P1000970.JPG