Dude's 2009/2010 Project

dude

• Replies 719
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Matt will be mapping it dude, you would be welcome to come down foe a nose, we can supply tea biscuits burgers etc and plenty of piss taking. I don't get involved in the electronics side at all as you know, i dare say if matt is stuck he will call.

May do!

I cant wait to see you boys strap it down :D I had to get Jamie to pull the straps down on his car as i couldn't get it tight enough and that was coming out of the dyno still.

Either way good move and you will see why i love them so much.

The knock control is pure sex. Say goodbye to detcans when its setup as its that good it can pickup the slightest Ping with out me hearing it :blink:

Dax Rush with a Turbo Busa engine on a Life with all the bells and whistles, fly by wire etc. I think Geoff Paige was looking after it.

The owner said the ecu was idiot proof so I thought it would suit me !!!!

Nice setup that. Cant remember the guys name met him last year at brands.

Ryan

Due to the fact i am a life dealer and have been mapping them for the last four years i convinced dude the life ecu was the way to go ... This is due to the amount of functions etc dude will be running.

At the mo his car is running on a f con and std loom. This in my mind is giving a element of risk to running a high power car ..A std loom is an old item now with the potential to have varing resistances and voltage. This as we all no can cause major problems.

It is not just about fitting a good ecu but making sure the wiring etc is up to the job as well.

We all happy to fit a plug and play or ecu with adaptor loom with no thought to the integrety of the wireing or brittle old connectors that are needed to transmit the correct signal at the right time.

We have had dudes car measured up for a loom witch will be made to military spec.this is with stainless high force terminals and silver wire..

The life ecu we are putting on dudes car is the top f88 as the f88 rs will not perform all the functions required..

I have seen references to life and syvecs and would just like to clarify that life racing sell the ecus to syvecs..

Life build the boards and supply the softwere and ecu without case.

The syvecs is a cut down version of the f88 in firmwere and function eaven tho at a glance looks the same ..

I was having a chat with mark and pat at life and just to explain the price difference is easy. Syvecs purchase 60 + units at a time without cases .

No question they are both amazing ecus but why settle for the cut down version when you can have the best ..

My main point as with any car and ecu set up is why spend all the money on your pride and joy making it 1000 bhp with everything you have ever wanted and leave the 12 odd year old loom to chance??? we can all just put plugs together but as for thinking about voltage drop and signal interferance well it is never given a thought..

Life are emailing me the difference between ecus as at face value there looks like none but the firware is quite different ..

Apologise for my spelling you will get used to this lol ...

We have had dudes car measured up for a loom witch will be made to military spec.this is with stainless high force terminals and silver wire..

military spec.. interesting... could you just define mil spec? ;)

Bearing in mind Matt & Dude know what I do for a Job ;)

I've also contemplated this route for my car too....

military spec.. interesting... could you just define mil spec? ;)

Bearing in mind Matt & Dude know what I do for a Job ;)

I've also contemplated this route for my car too....

Rachem coating apossed to braid. metal twist lock connectors all water proof. stainless hi pressure sprung loaded pins . silver wire etc..

Edited by Handsome luke
spelling (see edit history)

• 3 weeks later...

Little update

Crank ordered

Head allmost finished

Cams ordered

Turbo allmost finalized, was going GT4788R but may be going something better (thanks to Marty Bondango for the heads up)

ECU ......all up in the air after chatting with RyanG if the Syvecs S6 has enough outputs might use that with a new loom or still toying the Motec route:blink:

Due to the fact i am a life dealer and have been mapping them for the last four years i convinced dude the life ecu was the way to go ... This is due to the amount of functions etc dude will be running.

At the mo his car is running on a f con and std loom. This in my mind is giving a element of risk to running a high power car ..A std loom is an old item now with the potential to have varing resistances and voltage. This as we all no can cause major problems.

It is not just about fitting a good ecu but making sure the wiring etc is up to the job as well.

We all happy to fit a plug and play or ecu with adaptor loom with no thought to the integrety of the wireing or brittle old connectors that are needed to transmit the correct signal at the right time.

The life ecu we are putting on dudes car is the top f88 as the f88 rs will not perform all the functions required..

I have seen references to life and syvecs and would just like to clarify that life racing sell the ecus to syvecs..

Life build the boards and supply the softwere and ecu without case.

The syvecs is a cut down version of the f88 in firmwere and function eaven tho at a glance looks the same ..

I was having a chat with mark and pat at life and just to explain the price difference is easy. Syvecs purchase 60 + units at a time without cases .

No question they are both amazing ecus but why settle for the cut down version when you can have the best ..

My main point as with any car and ecu set up is why spend all the money on your pride and joy making it 1000 bhp with everything you have ever wanted and leave the 12 odd year old loom to chance??? we can all just put plugs together but as for thinking about voltage drop and signal interferance well it is never given a thought..

Life are emailing me the difference between ecus as at face value there looks like none but the firware is quite different ..

Apologise for my spelling you will get used to this lol ...

Just out of interest how much does 1 of these custom looms cost.