Dude's 2009/2010 Project

dude

• Replies 719
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Superb looking nitrous install Dude, very neat.

What power hike are you looking for with the nitrous?

The kit only came with 375hp jets but it will go up to 600hp, although nitrous works strangely on a turbo car as the cooling effect of the nos will also up the power the turbo is making so you get a sort of double whammy!!!! I'll prob just go up to 500hp but using a progressive controller so it prob wont all be in till 3rd.

Superb looking nitrous install Dude, very neat.

Dude I almost kicked it all round the workshop more than once!!! Luckily I bought a special hand bending tool from snap on otherwise it would look a right lash up, another would go a lot easier, but pipe benders play tricks on your mind.

lmao, only 375bhp jets:d You mapping this up on the engine dyno?

No dude, im hoping to get the nos mapped at TDI because I need to run it thru the gears as the controller is speed/rev/throttle related, if I dont get time I'll just up the fuel pressure to the fuel solenoid to keep it safe and monitor the afr's and just come down 1psi at a time, I'll start off with the 175hp jets and go up, might not even run the nos at the first meeting depends on time etc.

Neat looking install John. Are you going to make up some bracketry to support the solenoids?

I was going to but they feel like they are already solid mounted, looking at the pics of installs on the N/Ex site they are all jus floating, if it was a daily driver then I prob would but in this case no, the lines are stainless so its very solid.

• 2 weeks later...

Bracket for the prop hoop is all made and fitted, just need the circular part now, this is VERY important on any car with high HP andf intending to run on sticky tyre at the strip, if the prop snaps at the front it WILL dig in the track and catapult the car or failing that it will cut thru the tunnel and any fuel lines and come into the car, the only more dangerous part around there is the flywheel, that will remove your feet about mid shin if that comes off!!!!

160420101308.jpg