The mkiv Supra Owners Club

Plane lost near Brazil.

jamesmark

That's a tad harsh.

What can I say, Matt excels at bad taste..!! I don't think that anyone should be amused in a thread where so many people could be dead but hey ho...!!

It's a public forum and if people want to have a laugh then who am I to argue??:rolleyes:

H.

• Replies 111
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Well done lad...

Couldn't help myself with that one

What can I say, Matt excels at bad taste..!! I don't think that anyone should be amused in a thread where so many people could be dead but hey ho...!!

It's a public forum and if people want to have a laugh then who am I to argue??:rolleyes:

H.

Pot, Kettle -> Pitch black :rolleyes:

Pot, Kettle -> Pitch black :rolleyes:

Examples would be good Matt??;) I doubt that I have ever been so insensitive to such a situation...!! Now if It's a joke about a fat bird or a bit of necrophillia etc then I'm always up for a joke about that.....:sly:

Obviously I wouldn't joke about necro with people who died in an accident as that would be in poor taste obviously!!

H.

Couldn't help myself with that one

Jekyll and Hyde like? Or just a lack of Maturity?

'Tragic scenario'

Air France said the plane, which reported an electrical fault at 02:14 GMT, could have been hit by lightning.

Pierre-Henri Gourgeon, the airline's chief executive, said: "We are probably facing an air catastrophe".

Jean-Louis Borloo, France's environment minister, said the plane would have certainly run out of fuel by now, adding "we must now envisage the most tragic scenario".

Air France said it had received the message from the plane reporting an electrical short-circuit after it had flown through an area with strong turbulence.

It said the Airbus A-330 plane had "crossed through a thunderous zone with strong turbulence'' at around 02:00 GMT.

The company said the passengers included one infant, seven children, 82 women and 126 men. The plane was also carrying 12 crew members.

There are reports that in addition to French and Brazilian passengers on board the plane there were some Italians and Britons.

http://english.aljazeera.net/news/europe/2009/06/200961111849211346.html

Let us hope they are well.

EDIT: Update

Not good...

An Air France airliner carrying 228 people is believed to have fallen into the Atlantic Ocean after hitting heavy turbulence en route from Brazil to France.

Air France said Flight AF 447 had sent an automatic message reporting an electrical fault and suggested it could have been hit by lightning.

Brazilian authorities have sent out aircraft over the ocean to search for the missing passenger jet, which dropped off radar screens at 06:00 GMT on Monday

http://english.aljazeera.net/news/europe/2009/06/200961144537513941.html

A330 And most of the modern airbus fleet always dumps data to a base station i.e aircraft performance data and if a fault is detected then this information is also transmitted, we used this alot whilst trouble shooting the aircraft before they would arrive.

Very strange this one as a transponder loss would explain losing altitude call sign etc information but would still be visible on radar.

Sad too say not much hope here

A330 And most of the modern airbus fleet always dumps data to a base station i.e aircraft performance data and if a fault is detected then this information is also transmitted, we used this alot whilst trouble shooting the aircraft before they would arrive.

Very strange this one as a transponder loss would explain losing altitude call sign etc information but would still be visible on radar.

Sad too say not much hope here

Could a freakishly strong bolt of lightening actually cause the plane to break up and maybe account for no radar trace too?

I am surprised the Americans haven't blamed a "Taliban" with a bow and arrow yet. One does of course feel for the terrible uncertainties and imaginings of the families awaiting news, but then again, what's the death toll from HIV in Brazil, and through misguided adultery with bad tempered men's wives in France? ;)

Could a freakishly strong bolt of lightening actually cause the plane to break up and maybe account for no radar trace too?

Possibly, but it's more likely that the plane fell out of the air, possibly tore-up, nobody survived after passing out and then subsequently drowning/hypothermia.

This is very sad and a bit of a reality check. If the people are currently in the sea, they'll all be dead bar an actual miracle.

I always thought that planes were designed to be ok if they were hit by lightning? I'm sure I watched a program where they were testing different currents hitting planes in different areas and were confident that they could get hit by lightning and survive. I also thought that planes getting hit by lightning was fairly common?

Terrible tragedy here.... the optimistic part of me hopes that they'll all be ok, but the realist in me thinks that it's pretty impossible that anyone could have survived.

I always thought that planes were designed to be ok if they were hit by lightning? I'm sure I watched a program where they were testing different currents hitting planes in different areas and were confident that they could get hit by lightning and survive. I also thought that planes getting hit by lightning was fairly common?

It is common, but a massive storm cannot be simulated, so we never really know.

Aeroplanes will always try to avoid flying through storms or culumonimbus cloud as they are extrememly dangerous.

Terrible tragedy here.... the optimistic part of me hopes that they'll all be ok, but the realist in me thinks that it's pretty impossible that anyone could have survived.

I build A320's for a living so I am very sad to see this news!

Yeah aeroplanes in this day and age are equiped to deal with lightning, bad weather etc as they are tested to detruction i.e. wings are bend until they snap...that kind of thing.

Nationalities onboard the plane

SÃO PAULO - Air France confirmed on the afternoon of Monday, passengers of 31 nationalities who were aboard the flight AF 447, which disappeared between Rio de Janeiro and Paris, during the night. This list is based on information from the Brazilian authorities. The victims are:

- 2 North American

- 1 Argentina

- 1 Austria

- 1 Belgium

- 58 Brazilian

- 5 England

- 1 Canadian

- 9 Chinese

- 1 Croatia

- 1 Danish

- 1 Netherlands

- 1 Estonia

- 1 filipino

- 61 French

- 1 Gambia

- 26 German

- 4 Hungarian

- 3 Ireland

- 1 Icelandic

- 9 Italian

- 5 Lebanese

- 2 Morocco

- 3 Norwegian

- 2 Poles

- 1 Romanian

- 1 Russian

- 3 Slovakia

- 1 South Africa

- 1 Sweden

- 6 Swiss

- 1 Turkish

Not your lot again Animal.

Haven't your people abducted enough of us yet?

How many sexual experiments can you do exactly on the average human body?

:D

:innocent:

You'd be amazed at the number of experiments we can perform of your kind.

I think you'd particularly enjoy the one where we insert different species' eggs into your females reproductive organ and make them perform a range of tasks until it breaks...

We have yet to ascertain why females from the area you call 'Essex' fail to keep even ostrich eggs in place without them plopping out as soon as they stand up.

Where the hell did that come from? I worry even myself sometimes

:innocent:

You'd be amazed at the number of experiments we can perform of your kind.

I think you'd particularly enjoy the one where we insert different species' eggs into your females reproductive organ and make them perform a range of tasks until it breaks...

We have yet to ascertain why females from the area you call 'Essex' fail to keep even ostrich eggs in place without them plopping out as soon as they stand up.

Where the hell did that come from? I worry even myself sometimes

ill be laughing about that one later.