The mkiv Supra Owners Club

RS*R Sports-i suspension

AJI

I have for sale : RS*R Sports-i coilovers and C-spanners.

This suspension is aimed more for the track enthusiast and was designed by Orido in Japan and built by RS*R.

It has 36-step 2-way adjustable suspension...ie.36-bump and 36-rebound. It also has adjustable pre-load and adjustable ride height - done through the shock absorber body itself.

Please read the write up I did on this suspension after I had it fitted back in 2007.

http://www.mkivsupra.net/vbb/showthread.php?t=119697&highlight=suspension

The suspension has not done many miles (as I take my car off the road every winter time), and it is in VERY GOOD condition (see pics below).

It has been round the nurburgring on two visits and I can say from experience that this is where the suspension really shines !!

Apart from that milage, then the units have not been through any abuse at all. (ie no other track days, or silly pot holed roads).

There are NO leaks or any visual or mechanical damage. Basically the units are as good as new.

Reasons for sale : Where I live, in Cumbria near the Lake District, I find myself driving too much on bumpy 'A' and 'B' roads and this suspension was not really designed for this use.

On these types of roads the suspension works better the faster you drive, but I want to retain my driving license with a clean record, so really do not want to be driving fast on roads that have now been resricted to 50mph (from 60).

And as I have two performance cars and alternately take them to the Nurburgring each year I find that my Supra is sitting on suspension that it is not really using to full effect.

So, decided to sell it onto somebody who would get the full benefit of such a dedicated set up.

The picture below shows the front and rear coilovers and the c-spanners for adjustments.

Close up of the coilovers showing the spring type and condition.

Top of the coilovers showing the adjustable bump and rebound dials. These can easily be adjusted once the units are on the car.

Close up picture showing the spring seats and the screw thread for adjusting pre-load.

Bottom of coilover units showing quality of the product and the screw threads at the base where the ride height can be adjusted.

Picture of the two C-spanners used to turn the spring seats and coilover base for adjustments.

This suspension set up to buy new for a Supra is around £2300.

I am looking for £1000 or nearest offer.

Thanks Steve.

Yes, these coilovers really do give confidence on a track. Body roll is very well managed, pitching and diving under acceleration and braking is also very well managed and with the 36-step adjustment it can be finely tuned.

The quality of the units is also felt when driving, as there are no knocking or squeaking sounds, and the materials and construction are top notch.

And with my motorsport history I have seen some quality units before on various race cars, this was one of the reasons I was happy with the RS*R product.

ok, sod it, i will give you a grand for them matey

Preliminary sold to uk-rich.

I will contact you very soon with the necessary arrangements.

(I'm just in the middle of switching over my intercooler at the moment).

Out of interest, is there an equivalent electronic adjustor for these/any other dampers on the market, like the ETCS jobbie TEIN do (and I have fitted). I'm too lazy to get spanners out but also I value the ability to make adjustments whilst driving and instantly feel the impact.

• 4 months later...
Out of interest, is there an equivalent electronic adjustor for these/any other dampers on the market, like the ETCS jobbie TEIN do (and I have fitted). I'm too lazy to get spanners out but also I value the ability to make adjustments whilst driving and instantly feel the impact.

dont think you need the spanners to adjust the stiffness, you have the knobs on top of the suspension mounts that you can turn manually - take seconds if that.

the tein EDFC does exactly the same - more of a gimmick in my opinion.

the tein EDFC does exactly the same - more of a gimmick in my opinion.

I use mine to tweak settings whilst I'm driving: to hone in on a better setup or to adjust for changes in road/weather conditions or driving style. It's cheap & cheerful but I love it.

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue. You might also be interested in our Guidelines, Privacy Policy and Terms of Use.