The mkiv Supra Owners Club

Who are you voting for?

Charlotte

• Replies 277
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Still:

"Mr Griffin was elected to Brussels even though the BNP polled fewer votes in the region than it had in 2004 - but the slump in Labour support meant its share of the vote increased.

This meant that although the BNP came fifth in the popular vote in the region the party won a seat through the system of proportional representation used in the European elections."

The BNP did worse that in 2004, so if you look under the carpet, they are getting losing votes.

"Mr Griffin was elected to Brussels even though the BNP polled fewer votes in the region than it had in 2004 - but the slump in Labour support meant its share of the vote increased.

Which is another reason for the none-voters to get off their arse and vote!

Still:

This meant that although the BNP came fifth in the popular vote in the region the party won a seat through the system of proportional representation used in the European elections."

The BNP did worse that in 2004, so if you look under the carpet, they are getting losing votes.

Which is another reason for the none-voters to get off their arse and vote!

1200 more votes for UKIP, or 5000 more for the Green party would have prevented Nick Griffin securing his seat. With only approximately 30 pc turning out to vote in the North West, there should be a lot of ashamed people.

Mike

1200 more votes for UKIP, or 5000 more for the Green party would have prevented Nick Griffin securing his seat. With only approximately 30 pc turning out to vote in the North West, there should be a lot of ashamed people.

Mike

I voted Green. I'm not ashamed.

Mike

To be fair, it's a hard one this time, which i think is why less people turned out.

And if they did, would they have chosen UKIP or the Green Party?

I voted Green. I'm not ashamed.

It's quite a suprise for me how well the Greens did. I haven't really heard anything from them this time round. If I didn't know any better i'd think they didn't exist, so fair play for their "half decent" results.

It's quite a suprise for me how well the Greens did. I haven't really heard anything from them this time round. If I didn't know any better i'd think they didn't exist, so fair play for their "half decent" results.

I can't say that they were my preferred choice but I figured a tactical vote would be better in the circumstances.

I loathe the BNP with a passion but they have played a very good campaign - I've heard quite a number of people who have referred to their election literature and said 'look, they're not racist any more, they're just looking after "us"'. And to be fair, I didn't receive any other literature through the door except theirs, very clever.

They are somehow managing to make their beliefs sound reasonable and their representatives look mainstream, which is a huge shift from the days where they were so closely linked with skinheads and violence. If they continue to do this, and voters perceive that there's no longer any guilt or embarrassment linked to voting for them, then they'll continue to grow as a party.

Labour lost Wales for the first time since 1910 or something and it's not that loads more people voted for other parties, people just didn't vote.

I loathe the BNP with a passion but they have played a very good campaign - I've heard quite a number of people who have referred to their election literature and said 'look, they're not racist any more, they're just looking after "us"'. And to be fair, I didn't receive any other literature through the door except theirs, very clever.

They are somehow managing to make their beliefs sound reasonable and their representatives look mainstream, which is a huge shift from the days where they were so closely linked with skinheads and violence. If they continue to do this, and voters perceive that there's no longer any guilt or embarrassment linked to voting for them, then they'll continue to grow as a party.

Labour lost Wales for the first time since 1910 or something and it's not that loads more people voted for other parties, people just didn't vote.

:goodpost:

Good post Charlotte, whats happened to your random one-liners style?!

Peter Hain, the newly-appointed Welsh Secretary, released a statement via United Against Fascism which read:

"It's a shameful stain on Britain that we now have racists and fascists representing our country."

"It is vital that everyone now isolates and confronts the BNP and works with United Against Fascism to defeat them."

Wise words indeed.

It's a shame that no-one thought to use the clip of Griffin and Duke (that I posted) during a PPB or as an advert.

Still, they say that you get the govt. that you deserve. I know they aren't in power but maybe we deserve them. Maybe we've sunk to a whole new low.

Despite the attacks by the media over the months they have done well, this is what we call a democracy everyone:Pling:

Whatever your thoughts it's good to see the press/media and the other parties didn't get listened to with their slurs and lies, also good to see that people voted for who they wanted to rather than being bullied.

Great day for British Democracy imo :)

BTW, are political avatars now allowed?

Just as a word of warning before this thread degenerates....

Discussion of the BNP gaining 2 seats in the Euro elections is fine. Pro-racist discussion of their racist policies and people's own racist viewpoints will not be tolerated and will result in a ban.

Clear enough? Thanks.