The mkiv Supra Owners Club

Who are you voting for?

Charlotte

Haven't read the posts since my last one because the usual brigade will no doubt have jumped aboard with their same old comments and insults :D

Thinking out of the PC box is something that the older generation are able to do, to question where things might be going wrong, that's all I do is question the brain washing that some younger folk may have been subjected to when growing up.

I've never been and don't intend to become a member of the BNP, I have seen the country go down the pan because of the left wing approach, not just the immigration policy but also school discipline, crime etc. and it has to stop somewhere.

To be honest I don't see a party like the BNP getting that far, for me they tick some boxes but I don't think they'd have a clue about running the country.

I wish however that as a country we weren't so scared to address some of the 'sacred' issues and discuss them rather than sticking our head in the sand and crying racist at every chance.

How dare I question in any way the thoughts of others, if I do I'm then insulted by being called a Nazi and worse:d

Water off a ducks back, my thoughts are that this says more about those peoples insecurities than it does mine and that they aren't that comfortable with their way of thinking if they need to resort to insults when I've not thrown any their way.

Anyway, hope you're all enjoying our little discussion;)

• Replies 277
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I'm simply arguing that people seem to be 'allergic' to people expressing opinions in public that differ from the majorities opinion.

No I didn't watch it.

I read numerous books on the subject and one in particular called 'Hitler' by Kershaw, one of the most eminant historians in the field who now letures at Sheffield University. If you are interested I will send you the ISBN.

That's what I can't get over, a few on here obviously think they are above others and their opinion is correct. Surely that's against the priciples of tolerance that they are then defending?

Double standards all the way :)

I'll be voting Conservative. Whilst i do agree with a lot of things that the anti-EU parties are saying, there is something highly ironic about standing for a place in a Parliament that you dont agree with....

Now thats a point that I can understand. The only reason why I will vote UKIP really is because I am against Labour for theirrefusal to give a referendum on Europe, the Conservatives because they are Labour in disguise and the Liberals in my area are dodgy as hell.

That's what I can't get over, a few on here obviously think they are above others and their opinion is correct. Surely that's against the priciples of tolerance that they are then defending?

Double standards all the way :)

Yes but it works both ways mate. There is a danger if people don't stand up that dangerous minorities such as the BNP and even Hilters party will gain power. so with politics people are damned if they do and damned if they don't :D

Everyone in this thread will just have to agree is disagree because people are not going to change their opinion purely on the force of anothers.

Everyone in this thread will just have to agree is disagree because people are not going to change their opinion purely on the force of anothers.

Exactly, what it's all about, to hear different opinions and then make your own minds up.

All I ask is that as a car forum could we lay off the insults be they left or right wing as it isn't big or clever :);)

blar blar blar

We all know what you are Paul - and you can chat on about 'double standards' and being called names to try and move away from some of your comments. What I have said to you in this thread pales in comparison to some of the ideals you banter about like they're political viewpoint. We have young people in this club that perhaps don't have the benefit of knowing the full details of what history has taught us, and to be frank, you should know better.

How you can watch that video of the guy saying 'when they own the media' they can make the British people think the way they want them to... and you still bang your little BNP drum..?? If the guy got up and said 'I want to be Hitler!' would that sway you any?

I'm just thankful you're clearly in the minority.

There is no favouritism or double standards here. It's just very simple - you are wrong.

We all know what you are Paul - and you can chat on about 'double standards' and being called names to try and move away from some of your comments. What I have said to you in this thread pales in comparison to some of the ideals you banter about like they're political viewpoint. We have young people in this club that perhaps don't have the benefit of knowing the full details of what history has taught us, and to be frank, you should know better.

How you can watch that video of the guy saying 'when they own the media' they can make the British people think the way they want them to... and you still bang your little BNP drum..?? If the guy got up and said 'I want to be Hitler!' would that sway you any?

I'm just thankful you're clearly in the minority.

There is no favouritism or double standards here. It's just very simple - you are wrong.

Mature as ever.........

I've not watched any video and have no real wish to, and I'm not banging any drum, BNP or other?

I know how he feels, its not easy being a dictator you know ;)

Absolutely.

I feel for poor Mr Kim Jong-il, all he's trying to do is run a country and protect it.

There's nothing wrong with a good bit of dictatorship, the Chinese loved Chairman Mao Zedong. I reckon we could learn from a good dose of Communism. Capitalism is clearly failing.

It's a little too easy to colour people wrong because they stick up for something... Isn't it Mike?

Since we're remembering historical figures, how about the people who began agreeing with Mandela? Were they wrong because they were the minority?

Interesting situation has arisen.

I'm certainly not advocating what Mr Griffin has to say, but I'm also against the 'hard left' stance that Mike is heading towards.

Free speech has one meaning, whatever you believe.

A couple of videos I like:-

kKuGrkBPf-s

7f8lprxiOFc

The point is, lots of people, thousands are disillusioned with the way things are in this country. The way things have been going for a long time.

But to elect a party that 'promises' lots of things that apparently will sort out the country's failings is dangerous. Their views on corporate and capital punishment are frightening as are their opinions on most things.

Anyway, I still haven't decided who to vote for.

It's a little too easy to colour people wrong because they stick up for something... Isn't it Mike?

Since we're remembering historical figures, how about the people who began agreeing with Mandela? Were they wrong because they were the minority?

I'm certainly not advocating what Mr Griffin has to say, but I'm also against the 'hard left' stance that Mike is heading towards.

Well put, I think that people need to look at how obsessed they are believing what they say is the only way forward.

As you say there are many things that can be taken from history to support an arguement.

The only thing I give Mr Griffin credit for is for winding up single minded and self opinionated people on here:D

As for Mandela, he didn't have a squeeky clean history himself, terrorist I think? But that's OK and all turned out well in the end.

I care. I don't want to be considered a stupid racist.

But at least we would be democratic.

Thing is, sometimes I reckon you are right....

Russia + Stalin = MESS

North Korea + Bloke I cant spell = MESS

England + Labour = MESS

I see your point :D

I think you just put my thoughts across brilliantly.

There is no 'colouring people wrong for what they stick up for'.. supporting a racist party that has no interest in democracy is a little bit flawed in my book.

If advocating anti-racism is a little too left for you, then I'm sorry if I offended.

There is no 'colouring people wrong for what they stick up for'.. supporting a racist party that has no interest in democracy is a little bit flawed in my book.

If advocating anti-racism is a little too left for you, then I'm sorry if I offended.

There we go, get the card out again:)

A magic word that isn't it. The answer to every arguement you can't win.

I have every confidence that they would be the right party to haul us out of the "Credit Crunch". They strike me as being mathematical geniuses.

There we go, get the card out again:)

A magic word that isn't it. The answer to every arguement you can't win.

Are you on the 'BNP aren't racist, they're just patriotic' thing? :rlol:

..or do I sense you distancing yourself a little bit now?

Are you on the 'BNP aren't racist, they're just patriotic' thing? :rlol:

..or do I sense you distancing yourself a little bit now?

I've got my own thoughts and opinions as have you, one thing I've noticed with you is the way you avoid answering any of the questions or comments that people have asked in this thread because they don't fit in with your ideals.

The other thing is the way you choose to keep putting words into my mouth to aid your arguement, interesting to say the least;)

How do you figure that out?

Simple. If the BNP got in to power legally then they have been voted in and thus the democratic process has worked (even if it is to our detriment). If they got the majority vote and were not allowed to take power then it would be undemocratic.

Think of it the other way round. The convervatives won the majority vote and the government prevented them from taking power.... that would be undemocratic.

I was not implying the BNP wouldn't make a mess or cause problems, simply that should they get in it would show that at least we are democratic in that people are fortunate enough int he UK to be able to vote for anyone they wish.

I have every confidence that they would be the right party to haul us out of the "Credit Crunch". They strike me as being mathematical geniuses.

:D

Pure genuis.