The mkiv Supra Owners Club

MOT query

erol_h

My sup had its MOT done recently all was fine untill i checked the papers to see the idiots has put miles instead of km. I went back there and he told me that its been a week and there is nothing they can do should i just leave it or can i do something about it.

My sup had its MOT done recently all was fine untill i checked the papers to see the idiots has put miles instead of km. I went back there and he told me that its been a week and there is nothing they can do should i just leave it or can i do something about it.

its on the data base now so not alot you can do i'm afraid. i had my car tested last month and the guy put the wrong colour down on the mot certificate.:blink:

You could contact VOSA numbers on back of certificate, and they will tell you what to do. Or wait till next year & correct it then:)

it thought it might cause a problem but if it means keepping an eye on the idiot that does it next time and make sure he puts it back to km than its all good. I just thought it might come up as the car has been clocked because of this error.

I'm sure if you take it back they can re-issue a new ticket with the correct mileage. Its their mistake so should be down to them. I'll find out on monday.

duplicate certificate can only be printed off using the orignal data as its stored in the vosa database.

Exactly the same with me, car reads in KM/H but they put it down in Miles. Doesn't really bother me. I'll just "kindly" point out next time that it is in Kilometres. Providing I haven't installed the Thor De-Limiter and Odo-Convertor by then.

If you're thinking of selling, then get it changed if not. Why worry?