The mkiv Supra Owners Club

Recruits gaduation parade on friday? Soooooo let the bulling begin!

philstowell

Ive nearly done the ammo boots and now ironing my no.1 best dress.

i got the boots off my best mate after he lent them out to one of the lads who went to a familly funeral and well, played rugby in glass i think, nearly there though.

just got to put the finishing touches on and then ready to go.

if there is any interest ill try and put a pic up of the boots later or tomorrow, I know there is atleast one ex guardsman on ere so let the caning begin as im Defo not QCS and couldnt do it every bloody day ha ha

cheers

phill

When i got hold of them they were in shit state so i had too sand em back and start layering again.

ive not done a geat deal on the sides of he soles as they are pretty ruff and ready for being re-soled but yeah ive done a little.

beeswax is still used right at the start, im ganna get some more soon and do them right up for my wedding.

I havnt done this for some time and back then it was only when i had too so im no pro like the guys that do it day in and day out, that would kill me ha ha some of my buddies are ex QCS (queens colour squadron) an there boots make me sick perfect in far too many ways.

Thats sounds a bit too much work ha ha id hate that.

cheers for the brown tip tough, may give it ago later if they get wrecked in the rehearsal today?

oh, im using normal kiwi polish, I allways got told to steer clear off parade gloss never really asked why?

cheers tho buddy

When it comes to the actual day, do something called 'water polish'.

First with a leg off a set of normal nylon tights (nick a set off your missus) gently rub (with the boot held by your knees and each hand holding an end of the leg) the nylon over the top and toecap of the boot. This will remove any dust or bits on the surface that could damage the shine. Then under a tap and with a ball of cotton wool (no polish on the cotton wool, just clean right from the pack) bull the boot under the running water.

This will give the polish one last 'drink' and rinse off any smears etc. Then to dry, one hand hold the heel, one hand inside the ankle and swing vigerously from your head down to between your open legs. This will shake all the water off the boot and you will not get drying water smeer marks.

Then put them on your feet, put yout jacket, belt, sash and cap on annnnnnnnnnd.....

GET ON PAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAARRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAADDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDE!!!!!

Duff Dight Duff Dight........ etc.

Also, as your man said, a last coat or two of Ox Blood colour kiwi polish gives the boot a nice deep colour, the instep of the sole will need to be brush polished black (Household Div I think they need to actually do the rest of the sole but we never did) and ensure the laces are not twisted.

If you have any brass stuff that needs cleaning use Silvo, not Brasso as it cleans better and for longer (also medals, but put a cloth under the medal so as to not stain the ribbon) and use either a tooth brush or a nail brush with nylon bristles as this helps clean, then use a cloth (not your good silvet) to wipe off the residue then buff, this brings up the shine and removing the dryed polish and crap.

With the silvet cloth and parade gloss, bull the peak on your cap (unless you have as the HDiv do a form of material to show rank on it then use shaving foam)

Good luck, have fun, and remember...Drill is a pill...etc!

I dont think you will ever be able to wear scuffed footwear again. My wifes grandfather is Scots Guards (94 years old) and even now he has the best shoes of anyone I have ever seen.

Good luck with the parade.

nah, im not like that, ive served 9 ish years now and I like to stand out when im dressed up, like head turning ha ha, make people think holy shit, is that phill?????

ha ha

9 years and i do this as little as poss, but now im on our trainin wing, we will graduate courses every 6 months? Oh dear!

cheers

Phil

Sorry didn't reply to your email mate in April. So did you get back yesterday with Raf Reg 159? Saw clip on news about returns from Iraq. I can't go into the Forces anymore mate, long story but I've posted a few threads about it here. Gutted to say the least.

Best of luck matey ;)

Greg

They are starting to get there mate, try setting the polish on fire until it melts and then let it go hard again. Also another guardsmans top tip, use a product called clear it is a floor polish but brings your boots up amazing.

But if you do use this put some black dye in with it as it stops people knowing you used it, we used to get beasted if we got caught lol.

They are starting to get there mate, try setting the polish on fire until it melts and then let it go hard again. Also another guardsmans top tip, use a product called clear it is a floor polish but brings your boots up amazing.

But if you do use this put some black dye in with it as it stops people knowing you used it, we used to get beasted if we got caught lol.

Whatever you do don't use clear on your boots. It will go a hazy milky colour in the sun and with age (OK for bedpack boots and little else). Parade gloss can go brittle so I guess actually with dimpled boots not the best plan. For the soles you can get a very good liquid kiwi polish http://www.choiceful.com/prod_image/53328_x.jpg Couple of applications of that will sort the soles and rubber sides out, Try not to get too much in the welts as it will build up in there. Reading up on it parade gloss has paraffin in it and dries out quickly leading to scratching but its great for a final coat. The newer the polish is the better definitely. Setting it alight is OK but radically reduces the life of the polish and makes it too oil slicky for my liking. I've also heard of the womens tights thing but rolled into a buffing ball. If you utterly destroy a toecap by cracking big sections out then a quick fix is to turn the boot upside down coat the cap in a thick layer of polish and run a lighter over it until it sort of welds the old polish back into the new, beware though its only temporary a fix and will crack very easily (get you through a parade though)

Phil

Sorry didn't reply to your email mate in April. So did you get back yesterday with Raf Reg 159? Saw clip on news about returns from Iraq. I can't go into the Forces anymore mate, long story but I've posted a few threads about it here. Gutted to say the least.

Best of luck matey ;)

Greg

Sorry to hear that matey, pm me and let me know the score?

nah, i cant go away whilst on training wing mate, screened for 3 whole years, its killing me, we are severely undermanned too so not even a chance of being attached to anyone for any OPs?

bugger.

cheers matey

Cheers for that buddy, i was doing that anyway but im ganna stay away from clear as long as i can, i used to iron it into me old wooly pulley but that was it?

cheers