The mkiv Supra Owners Club

Tig Welded Timing Star £45

Ryan.G

How easy is this to swap out if the crank pulley is being changed?

well allthe plastic casing have to come off, then the aux belt wheel 3 12m nuts, then the cambelt tansioner, then the cam belt, then take the little alloy plate off the oil pump as this pulls the old timing star off and bends the new 1 if not removed, then useing a pully take off the cam pully job done.

well allthe plastic casing have to come off, then the aux belt wheel 3 12m nuts, then the cambelt tansioner, then the cam belt, then take the little alloy plate off the oil pump as this pulls the old timing star off and bends the new 1 if not removed, then useing a pully take off the cam pully job done.

So if the cam belt was being changed anyway.....it becomes a quick job?

Thank you. Not a part of the car I have played around with much.

Ryan - do you do a cheaper rate on an exchange basis? :D And, could I get this from you late tomorrow morning maybe?

Sorry Dan, Supradoopa has grabbed it now but can get yours done at autotec for you.

Ryan

Most definatly a worthwhile mod this, i had one come off my old car. You need a funky little puller to get the cog off though.

:thumbs:

Way i got mine off was get a small piece of steel and drilled 2 8mm holes and then used 2 m6 bolts and about 50 washers :D

Sorry chap, i dont have it with me either at the moment its at the garage but get yours removed today and then i can get it done for you.

Ryan

bummer. My car is going to southampton today for some work i'm not able to do. I was hoping to pick this up on the way and take it down.

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue. You might also be interested in our Guidelines, Privacy Policy and Terms of Use.