The mkiv Supra Owners Club

Opinions on the Z4

Dash Rendar

My son's C6 Vette here, it is sex on wheels. Fast, comfortable, handles well, buckets of torque from tick over, V8, excellent brakes, iconic, fast, looks coooool, plenty of head room at 6'2", fast, turns good mpg on long runs, great build quality, perfect 50/50 distribution, its fast, big grin factor, looks bigger than it is. Rare car on our roads. Pulls hard to 180 mph with ease. Plus the all important spine tingling factor.

Quite simply the best car I have ever driven, better than the M3 and M5, dare I say it better than the MKIV, wish it was mine. Don't buy one if you are a shy retiring type as it gets attention where ever you go.

Never seen a right hooker.

So nice to hear an opinion like this of the C6. Sooo many people just listen to what Clarkeson et al has said in the past and don't ever bother to try and get to grips with one in the flesh.

Since buying mine last July, I have been constantly dumbfounded by the C6 and can honestly say I have never driven anything close to it. It feels so much lighter than it really is on B-roads, and I'm not referring to 'over powered' power stering here, I mean how it transfers it's weight when you change direction quickly. It's just so surprising how it deals with our roads so effortlessly.

Mind you, if it remains a well kept secret and people continue to be put off by LHD, that's also fine with me. ;) I like to drive something a little less common than most. Others can go with BMW if they like. It's their loss. :)

:thumbs:

JC isn't the only writer worth listening to and I have to agree about the 'Vette :)

My mate bought his new z4 over today. Prefer it to his old one, 6 cyl this time so has a decent sound, much nicer interior and a far better ride. Seemed to have a bit more 'personality', still take a vette over one any day though ;)

attachment.php?attachmentid=93149&stc=1&d=1243291421

My mate bought his new z4 over today. Prefer it to his old one, 6 cyl this time so has a decent sound, much nicer interior and a far better ride. Seemed to have a bit more 'personality', still take a vette over one any day though ;)

http://www.mkivsupra.net/vbb/attachment.php?attachmentid=93149&stc=1&d=1243291421

I'll still stick with what I've got, but that really does look quite nice!

Should be a bit more serious than the last one he had then - hope he has fun with it. :thumbs:

That looks awesome.

Facelifted one has lost something looks wise (and from what Ive heard, the folding hard-top isnt worth the sacrifice in performance and handling).

The C6 is a great car, shame some people view all American cars as 'yank tanks', still wouldnt be keen on LHD though.

I so want a C6 now.

It sucks being permanently poor. Ironically, I'd easily be able to afford a C6 now (possibly even a new one) if I'd never bought a Supra!

I know how you feel i was in kensington yesterday working i saw loads of ferrari's f40 ohhh, lambo's and a lovely gt40 and i felt like a poor b*st*rd.