The mkiv Supra Owners Club

Opinions on the Z4

Dash Rendar

I'm thinking of getting rid of the Supe and getting something marginally more sensible.

I quite like the look of the Z4, but I don't know much about them. Anyone got any opinions? I would even consider the following optional extras:

* Indicators

* Outside line bypass dampener

* Complete t0sser mitigation system

if you want one of them then buy a american muscle car mag, i cant remember the name off top of me swede but ill get it for ya, they do cheap ones fresh import or allready registered.

i read them in my physio waiting room, ill get the name nxt week buddy.

Z4??? ha ha

nah, nice cars mate......... my sister wants one ha ha

cheers

phill

I quite liked these until Ian C said they look like a 'Clown's Shoe'!!

Now I can see what he means....

http://files.conceptcarz.com/img/BMW/07-AC-Schnitzer-BMW-Z4-M-07-1024.jpg

http://www.magicity.com/images/ShoeBeesWhtRedstrs.jpg

Get a Mustang or a 'vette. RHD Mustangs are common enough. But don't worry about LHD - they're easier to sell in the future anyway and LHD is fine, really.

http://www.motorauthority.com/content/thumbs/2/0/2009_corvette_gt1_championship_edition_package_003-0219-950x650.jpg

I quite liked these until Ian C said they look like a 'Clown's Shoe'!!

Now I can see what he means....

http://files.conceptcarz.com/img/BMW/07-AC-Schnitzer-BMW-Z4-M-07-1024.jpg

http://www.magicity.com/images/ShoeBeesWhtRedstrs.jpg

Get a Mustang or a 'vette. RHD Mustangs are common enough. But don't worry about LHD - they're easier to sell in the future anyway and LHD is fine, really.

http://www.motorauthority.com/content/thumbs/2/0/2009_corvette_gt1_championship_edition_package_003-0219-950x650.jpg

It really does look like a clown's shoe, much like the Z3 coupe did. I always liked the coupes personally (Z3 and Z4), although they definitely have 'quirky' looks.

I had a Mustang when I was in Vegas last year, and I have to say I was unimpressed. Great posing appeal (which is what you want in Vegas) but rubbish dynamics. We took it to the Hoover Dam way out in the desert, and it was nothing better than 'OK', even on those amazing roads.

If youre serious about the Stang or Vette thing, it has to be a Vette every time.

I had a Mustang when I was in Vegas last year, and I have to say I was unimpressed. Great posing appeal (which is what you want in Vegas) but rubbish dynamics. We took it to the Hoover Dam way out in the desert, and it was nothing better than 'OK', even on those amazing roads.

If youre serious about the Stang or Vette thing, it has to be a Vette every time.

I agree.

I had the shelby version from HERTZ and i found that exactly the same. The mustang isnt a sports car. Its not even a competitor to the M3.

The shelby version you get from hertz isnt supercharged (or if it was it didnt sound or feel like it was. And i couldnt see it under the bonnet!). It felt nowhere near as fast as my NA did despite having a V8 and it wasnt a very nice place to sit in. Ergonomicly it just didnt suit me. nowhere to put my left foot and my right foot hit the transmition tunnel when on the accelerator. The trim inside was shocking aswell.

Its an american mondeo at best.

My son's C6 Vette here, it is sex on wheels. Fast, comfortable, handles well, buckets of torque from tick over, V8, excellent brakes, iconic, fast, looks coooool, plenty of head room at 6'2", fast, turns good mpg on long runs, great build quality, perfect 50/50 distribution, its fast, big grin factor, looks bigger than it is. Rare car on our roads. Pulls hard to 180 mph with ease. Plus the all important spine tingling factor.

Quite simply the best car I have ever driven, better than the M3 and M5, dare I say it better than the MKIV, wish it was mine. Don't buy one if you are a shy retiring type as it gets attention where ever you go.

Never seen a right hooker.

I have a customer with one, it's been nothing but trouble, the build quality is terrible, and the engineering thought in it a joke. You have to pull the whole front off the car to take the engine water pump off, for example, where a hole in the deformable structure would allow its removal in minutes. Shut the doors and you's swear there were loose marbles in them. Structural rigidity is added by bits of nailed on pressed tin "bits" underneath. After a Supra the quality would be appalling, IMO.

My mate had the old shape z4 and to me it was just a bit boring, although it was only the 2.2 version. Ride on it seemed very jiggly and after a while as a passenger on country road made you feel sick.

He just picked his new shape one up last night, 6 cyl 2.5 version this time, havent been in it yet tho.

I think he should have upgraded the wheels ;)

attachment.php?attachmentid=92972&stc=1&d=1243076685

My son's C6 Vette here, it is sex on wheels. Fast, comfortable, handles well, buckets of torque from tick over, V8, excellent brakes, iconic, fast, looks coooool, plenty of head room at 6'2", fast, turns good mpg on long runs, great build quality, perfect 50/50 distribution, its fast, big grin factor, looks bigger than it is. Rare car on our roads. Pulls hard to 180 mph with ease. Plus the all important spine tingling factor.

Quite simply the best car I have ever driven, better than the M3 and M5, dare I say it better than the MKIV, wish it was mine. Don't buy one if you are a shy retiring type as it gets attention where ever you go.

Never seen a right hooker.

So nice to hear an opinion like this of the C6. Sooo many people just listen to what Clarkeson et al has said in the past and don't ever bother to try and get to grips with one in the flesh.

Since buying mine last July, I have been constantly dumbfounded by the C6 and can honestly say I have never driven anything close to it. It feels so much lighter than it really is on B-roads, and I'm not referring to 'over powered' power stering here, I mean how it transfers it's weight when you change direction quickly. It's just so surprising how it deals with our roads so effortlessly.

Mind you, if it remains a well kept secret and people continue to be put off by LHD, that's also fine with me. ;) I like to drive something a little less common than most. Others can go with BMW if they like. It's their loss. :)