The mkiv Supra Owners Club

Burnt Hair Help

ClaireRZ-S

• Replies 51
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Yeah its not singed just a bit frizzy so can live with that , its more the smell thats wrecking my head than anything else since its damaged i cant blowdry it or straighten it and as you know wet dog smell isnt nice.

Hairspray? That might hide the smell till you cut it...

Try using Herbal Essences shampoo for Dry/Damaged Hair along with the Herbal Essence Intensive Blends Conditioning Balm for Dry/Damaged Hair. If I don't feel like using the heavy balm after every shampoo, once a week maybe I'll use the regular H.E. Dry/Damaged conditioner. I find the smell of it sticks around for two days usually - sometimes it varies how much smell is leftover depending on how much hair product I use and how long I left the conditioner in, how much I used, etcetera. My hair is quite dry from years of colouring, sun damage and heat styling damage. It's also quite long, straight down my back it is at my bra hook level.

Before I blow-dry/straighten, I use Straight Sexy Hair Power Straight serum, which doesn't smell all that nice (just kind of like...your typical salon product) and I think that takes away from the H.E. smell. But I can't find a straightening serum that works better, so I won't switch! Wish I could though!

Ahh bugger. I should have read the quote properly instead of skim-reading it. ;)

I admit it, I clipped it from here in a cheap attempt to pass it off as my own thoughts in order to appear knowledgeable yet sensitive: http://www.healthboards.com/boards/archive/index.php/t-94276.html. The discussion turns into a group hug about what hair products each person uses. :)

now theres a good answer :). Yeah i was told to use 50 white vinegar and 50 water and soak for 20 minutes.

Jesus i'll be at my hair all day tomorrow so :)

Full on malt stuff. Sarnsons FTW :)

Dont bother with white, it wont work

Let us know how you get on....

Im a hairdresser, try a different shampoo and conditioner,Elvive is good i use it, try for dry hair and try the Elvive treatment conditioner in the tub and leave in all evening for about 4/5 hrs, then spray a leave in conditioner and you need to keep using the conditioner in the tub every time you wash your hair, also another tip is when you wash out the conditioner use cool water this helps seal the cuticles and seals in the conditioner better. Also use Henna hair treatment once a week or protein conditioner and/or hot oil (for hair). I do all the above as iv bleached my hair so many times and coloured on top then went back to dark hair and my hair is soft still. ;)

Also try a little perfume where its burnt if it smells still

right folks i soaked my hair in apple vinegar for like an hour. I smelt like a bag of chips. Then i used this treatment stuff i got from peter mark good stuff. My hair smells so much better and looks good to. Theres a small bit of "wet dog" smell left so ill have to do the vinegar again and no you can't see pics :D