Had my wheels sprayed today

JamieP

• Replies 88
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

I like the green metalic flake idea with black or even black chrome

It does look really good with the blue, since with the metallic black the metallic particles are silver, with the candy over the top it changes the colour of the flake rather than the base.

I initially thought of going..

1. Metallic black base coat..

2. Red Candy

3. Clear intermediate with silver flake

4. Blue Candy

which gives a nice two tone flake on a black with oodles of depth, but it would be a hell of lot of intricate spraying to get it right.

It does look really good with the blue, since with the metallic black the metallic particles are silver, with the candy over the top it changes the colour of the flake rather than the base.

I initially thought of going..

1. Metallic black base coat..

2. Red Candy

3. Clear intermediate with silver flake

4. Blue Candy

which gives a nice two tone flake on a black with oodles of depth, but it would be a hell of lot of intricate spraying to get it right.

Sounds very nice, also as you say complex and I guess expensive

My SA70's have a great colour when the sun hits them but the laquor does peel on these and will need sorting at some point, I fancy something a bit trick

Sounds very nice, also as you say complex and I guess expensive

My SA70's have a great colour when the sun hits them but the laquor does peel on these and will need sorting at some point, I fancy something a bit trick

Find a decent paint supply shop (there is one here in Aldermaston which I use), and they have all the samples available. Best thing to do, is just go look at the chips they have. Kandy is the HOK paint but Lechler do something called an ink dye which is what I use for the layer. If you find a good paint shop, simply explain the effect you want and they should be able to advise.

i hope you mean powder coated not sprayed , oh by the way i think it looks good , i was thinking of getting my car sprayed dark grey or black with red rota gtrs , what do you think, if anybody could photoshop that it would be great , not a red red but an orangy red lol , thanks