The mkiv Supra Owners Club

I'm a text speaking f**kwit. Broken a cat.

Guest Dizzmystar

Guest Dizzmystar

just wondering what problems/noises/performance drops e.c.t. other people have had when 1 or both of there cats has bugger up on the stock TT exhaust system.

thanks

Guest Dizzmystar

well there is something in between 1 and 2 cat (closer towards 2) that is rattling, and its a chunky rattle and there is def something in there i have checked all the brackets e.c.t.

i am currently looking into changing both my cats. already got the second cat off a 60k car, so whats that 30odd thousand miles. last year my supe only just got through the emissions. o2 sensor is toast i reakon, got car booked in 9am in the morning for mot, so we shall see. reason why i thought i may have something up with my exhaust/cats is first thing in the morning i can hear a sort of clicky/ticking rattle which is coming from the cat/turbo area, cannot hear anything under the bonnet only when i stick my head under by the driving front wheel, its only there for maybe few hundred yards, i think its maybe cats or an exhaust leak until the exhaust gets hot and expands. what you think?

Guest Dizzmystar

i get the rattle on start up, then it goes away. but if i put my head under the car whilst i give it a few revs with my hand, i can hear the rattle directly behind number 2 cat facing towards number 1 cat. and when iam driving the car/turbos make a howling noise on boost and the car seems restricted.

Supra Matt

posted this as well in an earlier post of mine so maybe this is it.

""Hi mate

1) loose the cat if it's had it that could be your problem full stop as it will block your exhaust putting lots of strain on the turbo's as there will be lots of back pressure in the system! Very bad for engine and turbo .

hence the sound the turbo's are getting strangled IE they trying to spin fast but when you come on boost they cant breath and all the gas that is trying to escape down the exhaust is pushed back though them very bad .

2 ) is your bov stock ? if it is wipe it off and see if you can blow though it ? if you can it's duff and needs replacing .

Hope that made sense?""

Guest Dizzmystar

i don't really care, i just want to know what is wrong with my car and i thought any technical problems with a car I.E exhaust you could post in Technical. obviously its not technical enough for some ppl...

i don't really care, i just want to know what is wrong with my car and i thought any technical problems with a car I.E exhaust you could post in Technical. obviously its not technical enough for some F**Kwits

Don't use textspeak, then people will be much more helpful. :) I read your first post before anyone else replied, but I couldn't really figure out what you were asking, so I didn't bother replying. Just trying to help now by pointing out why you aren't getting the help you want.

i don't really care, i just want to know what is wrong with my car and i thought any technical problems with a car I.E exhaust you could post in Technical. obviously its not technical enough for some ...

No it's not the subject matter it was the lack of plain English. You maybe able to read your txt speak, but other can't and those are the people who are most likely to have the answer to your question.

If you can't be bothered to write, why should anyone be bothered to read let alone answer.

It's a forum rule you signed up to, so expect abuse (and then banning) if you don't obey it.

Guest Dizzmystar

what do you mean buy text speak?? do you mean the using U instead of you?? and stuff like that? if thats the case then im sorry, i thought most people were up to date, and i had to shorten what i wanted to say to make it fit

what do you mean buy text speak?? do you mean the using U instead of you?? and stuff like that? if thats the case then im sorry, i thought most people were up to date, and i had to shorten what i wanted to say to make it fit

It isn't considered up to date, it is consider more of a devolution..

Not a case of being upto date its just about writing properly, plain english thats all everyone one wants.. Don't take it personally!:D

I still get picked up on capitals and such like!:p

Guest Dizzmystar

either, wow, i wont use "text" speak anymore, i didn't know "Text" Speaking would upset people, all i want is to know is what is wrong with my car thats it, sorry if i upset someone by "text" Speaking. just a habbit

Guest Dizzmystar

i did have a mechanic go over it as well and he said it defiantly sounds like the cat itself. this is a perfect opportunity to get a new exhaust the legit way so i can buy pass it through the mrs. haha

i thought most people were up to date, and i had to shorten what i wanted to say to make it fit

See, thats the thing that get me. Text speaking f**kwits think they are in the right and everone else is behind the times :blink:

Jizz - Why do you have to shorten your posts? There is no 160 character limit here :)