The mkiv Supra Owners Club

oil in the intercooler pipes

JohnH

i failed at removing those ba**ards today!!!!

2 nuts held me back, its as bad as trying to remove FD turbo's, should complete removal tomorrow then off for a nice drive to turbotechnics not bad going seeing as ive had the car since.... thursday !!!!

i failed at removing those ba**ards today!!!!

2 nuts held me back, its as bad as trying to remove FD turbo's, should complete removal tomorrow then off for a nice drive to turbotechnics not bad going seeing as ive had the car since.... thursday !!!!

I would be careful going hybrid mate as a lot have been going wrong laity ? good luck with it tho .

Guest FKADizzmystar

my turbos have just been rebuilt so it cant be them i , have only done 3000ks on them i just got off the phone with the guy thats looking at my car and he said my second cat is cactus and causing it, they actually took the exhaust apart and found that the cat was blocked

Edited by FKADizzmystar (see edit history)

Guest FKADizzmystar

if it was my turbo seals wouldn't i be blowing some sort of smoke?? at the moment iam blowing no smoke at all

Guest argy911

I think you should start planning a single ,sure its not the head gasket maybe you over filled the water and blew a gasket?:search:

Guest FKADizzmystar

the mechanic took the exhaust off and had a look at the 2nd cat and it was all melted into a ball that has clogged the cat up so 3inch is going on next week.

the mechanic took the exhaust off and had a look at the 2nd cat and it was all melted into a ball that has clogged the cat up so 3inch is going on next week.

So i was right then;) . The bad news is as you have been driving it like this and trying to boost it .You have put a huge amount of strain on the turbos with back pressure which will in turn blow the oil seals out .

And there has been new hybrids on her that have only done 2000 miles and failed big time ! Don'T forget there not stock any more and are only as good as the parts and the guy who rebuilt them!

As for oil out the exhaust not really as it's the front oil seal that has gone so it gets pushed though the inter-cooler and pipe work . And as oil is heavy it will just site in the bottom pipe and not really make it into the engine in large amounts . :D

Edited by supra matt (see edit history)

Guest FKADizzmystar

I haven't being trying to boost it, haven't driven it over 4000rmps. the guy had a look at the breathers and other things around the turbos and said everything looks fine. next week he will put the new exhaust on and dyno it and see if everything is good after that.

if it is an oil seal are they hard to replace

LOL no mate :D they are the wons i got to change mine but never did as something better come along :D So when you going white then?

Im holding back at moment on colour change. Over last few days ive been giving it another MOP with some G3 as i still never did it properly and its much smoother.

Just as well you put loads of laquer on :D