The mkiv Supra Owners Club

oil in the intercooler pipes

JohnH

im unsure on the age of the block but i have fmic, hybrid stage 3 tubs blitz dsbc BC fully decatted with restrictor ring and after market exhaust

it appears some things wasnt installed properly as there seems to be hardly any power at the moment, the boost gauge was plummed into the boost controller solenoid and there was some oil in the vac lines as well as what was found in the IC pipe. i was informed when i bought the car it was the oil return line but i dont see how this can leak oil into the system like it has, im hoping its something simple like a missplaced vac line and not actually a turbo seal on the intake side so thats why i made this post

I was told all fluids were changed and new plugs was done prior to purchase, this is something i didnt want to have to deal with right away, thats whats so annoying, i came from working on my rx7 for 4 years and i wanted something fun and out the box to mess around in.

I was planning to flush the IC tomorrow anyway

Okay ive taken the fmic out and really... this can't be normal, its like the river stix !

those are the pipes before and after the intercooler

i will investigate further but needless to say right now im pretty f*****g p***ed off.

Yes there is normally oil/residue in the intake side of things, But not that much!

As i say the oil looks thin and old. Flush it all out, change the oil, and then check after few months of driving.

If there's still oil in the intake side, ide be looking into Stem Seals or possible Turbo seals. There might be some sort of restriction in breather side of things, causing excessive crankcase pressure???

Guest FKADizzmystar

i have the same thing, but i think mine is due to the broken cat restricting my air flow, and it cant be the turbo seals and stem seals on mine because i just had the stem seals done and the turbos rebuilt. iam about to post a pic up of my looks like

Edited by FKADizzmystar (see edit history)