The mkiv Supra Owners Club

WolframAlpha - new type of search engine

Alex

Obviously that is only because nobody has yet told it ;)

Quick edit, take a look. Would have thought the technology shouldn't have to be "told". More like it can workout questions for itself. Rather than being told by a long list of answers to questions, it should be able to obtain those answers by working the question out itself. Would that be AI though?

Quick edit, take a look. Would have thought the technology shouldn't have to be "told". More like it can workout questions for itself. Rather than being told by a long list of answers to questions, it should be able to obtain those answers by working the question out itself. Would that be AI though?

Sense of humour FAIL!

Its not really about Supra questions, that was an example, more about logical results.

Not really sure what your point is about my favourite word? WTF does that have to do with anything? :rolleyes:

What about:

- The joys of surfing the web, finding an interesting website and reading more about stuff that is related to your question?

You don't use Google much then do you!* :D

The idea is to make the internet clearer. Google simply dredges for words (and often modified by those who pay for ranking positions).

*(that was meant as a joke not an insult)

Not overly impressed, tbh. Maybe in a few years I'll try it again.

Can't get any fort of sense out of it when I ask anything about the 24 hours of Le Mans. Tried 'Le Mans', 'LeMans', '24 hour race', '24 hours of Le Mans', 'when is the 24 hours of Le Mans 2009', 'who won the 24 hours of Le Mans in 2008?' etc etc.

No idea what it should do with my input apparently.

Sense of humour FAIL!

Its not really about Supra questions, that was an example, more about logical results.

Not really sure what your point is about my favourite word? WTF does that have to do with anything? :rolleyes:

Irony,

I.e, put in the question and only get back supra stuff. the answer i got back was "try the word supra" :rolleyes:

IRONY FAIL!

Irony,

I.e, put in the question and only get back supra stuff. the answer i got back was "try the word supra" :rolleyes:

IRONY FAIL!

What exactly is ironic about that?

I would say that is quite normal....? How can my favourite word (?) influence a search engines result?

I think you need to figure out how a search engine works Matt, its got very little to do with my favourite words!