TRD 18" Split Rims

jevansio

• Replies 67
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Oh yeah.

Seen them on a few Supes now.

I was looking at them before i bought mine.

Still think the TRD's with Black Inners are far nicer imo.

Do a poll anyway! You know you want to!:D

Paul Mac's 24 pot conversion don't half help the look though :D

I can't do a poll, I've made my mind up :D

These are shots I've taken today to show the current state of the wheels, I've probably gone over the top but I'd like buyers to see what they're getting.

I have taken up close pics of one wheel (which I believe is probably the worst of the 4) which are pretty unflattering, but they do show the exact condition. I would say that with being split rims they are very intricate & they are not as easy to clean back to showroom condition as say some forged/cast 1 piece wheel, around the bolts is particulary hard to clean, but as the photo's show stand back even a little and you won't see any of it.

The black dots on the outer rim are as I had just polished them with Autosol and in reallife are probably 0.1mm in size, and are genuinely only visible when viewed under magnification :)

Some of the nicest wheels around IMO. I don't see whay you don't keep them Jay as they look outstanding on your Supe. They may be 2kg heavier than the ones you want but you can easily loose that kind of weight if you lay off the pies for a week ot two:innocent:

:D

No, the black dots on the lip aren't tar, they're just little marks in the aluminium which have filled with crap and look dark compared to the polished lip, but honestly you will never see them unless you take zoomed in photos :D, the black dots on the spokes are just tar though & will come off with any tar remover/polish :)

I'll get some prices for delivery this week Rick :)

Obviously a great thing about these is when you're sick you can take them apart & have the lips re-polished & the centres resprayed any colour you want :)

Obviously a great thing about these is when you're sick you can take them apart & have the lips re-polished & the centres resprayed any colour you want :)

Yeah that's handy. Did you say you had a bash at polishing them yourself? I've got a wee dremmel and a dual action polisher I wonder if they'd be any use. I quite like the colour as it is so i'd keep it like that for a while :)

I'll get some prices for delivery this week Rick :)

Sounds good :thumbs:

I did have a bash at refurbing them myself, but soon found it to be a big job, I then sent the lips & centres to be professionally refurbed.

TBH bud when you get them you'll see that they need no work at all, a quick once over with a duster & some autoglm will keep them in tip top shape. I've found spraying some WD40 on the bolts keeps the water from tarnishing them too.

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue. You might also be interested in our Guidelines, Privacy Policy and Terms of Use.