The mkiv Supra Owners Club

Car barely runs after a wash?

Cerikbok

I washed the engine out today and now the car is missing like crazy and won't hardly accelerate, thought it might be water around the components so I let it sit for about 3 hours and it still is running worse than ever. Any advice? Or does it take longer than 3 hours to dry out. I checked all the connections in the engine bay and they are snug.

So what your saying is I need to get an allen wrench to get to the spark plugs and dry them out and check the diz cap? I realized how massive of an idiot I was shortly after I started spraying. To add to the fact I know little mechanically about these cars, where are the spark plugs located again? :O

So what your saying is I need to get an allen wrench to get to the spark plugs and dry them out and check the diz cap? I realized how massive of an idiot I was shortly after I started spraying. To add to the fact I know little mechanically about these cars, where are the spark plugs located again? :O

Get one of those y shaped stick thingies and look for water under your bonnet......:D

You'll need to remove the airbox and the throttle body to get to the spark plugs on a NA. It's a PITA if you don't have the correct tools..!!:(

H.

You can take off the front plastic cam cover with an allen key/wrench and then remove the first spark plug lead (don't pull the lead, grip the top circular rubber bit and wiggle and lift firmly can be stubborn!). See how wet the plastic bit that goes over the plug is, peer in, use something thin to get a guage of how deep the water is in spark plug channel.

If there is a lot, then if you can get a something to remove the water, syringe or pump (bit of hose and your mouth if desperate). If there is not much and there is just water right down in the spark plug well then you may find the difficult to reach plugs under the throttle body have escaped gettng drenched.................all depends how thorough you were with the power washer! :)

Seems as if ONLY the ones below and behind the throttle body got soaked, there is hardly any in the channels, just where I took that hose off the throttle body and it spewed water/coolant into one of the channel, I soaked it up as much as I could and gave it a good blow out with a can of air. Running alot better, but still missing a bit, I decided to let them sit open overnight with the bonnet closed as the air should take care of the rest. If it is still missing in the morning I guess I just won't be going to Japfest :(