The mkiv Supra Owners Club

Just been rammed

Todd

:faint:

It was his own fault, it was at his mates house and he went back the next day. The mates neighbour put 2 + 2 together and called the Police and the silly fool admitted it, so it went to court.

Plus Scottish Law is a lot more harsh than English Law so we get shafted quite a bit if you are caught doing more than the 3 points + £60 mark.

• Replies 61
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I dont think its automatically

sorted if you get hit from the

rear, if flat cap chap &

roadside heckler conspired to

say you rolled into him!

:rlol:

I love the way these threads go, let's explore every possible outcome here, meteors and aliens are not exempt :D

I dont think its automatically sorted if you get hit from the rear.

Correct. Two possible situations where the car in front would be to blame are:

1) Car in front was moving backwards (obviously)

2) Car in front performed a manouver to place itself infront of second car when insufficient space was there, causing car behind to either swerve to avoid or crash (cutting up)

In this scenario, old bloke could claim #2 - that you moved across in front of him then slowed down.

Even if you'd left him a load of space - if he lied about it and said you pulled across right in front of him, without witnesses I could easily see it coming out 50/50 from insurance :(

PS. Like the key throwing :D

:D love it, if i'd been you i'd have sat in the car after he rammed me, grabbed my neck, phoned a solicitor, an ambulance, then the police in that order, fitted a neck brace for six month and got a single turbo conversion out of it :D

Hmm, so thats why my insurance has gone up...

Got half way through reading and thought to myself if I was being calm I'd reach in, take his keys and throw them away, great minds think alike. Though I'd have been tempted to aim for accross the other carriage way into the bushes, let the old b*****d get rammed up the arse (by a bus maybe) whilst trying to cross the road.

I would of probably driven back 30 mins or so later (in a different car) to see if he was still, and laugh out loud at him (not that the deaf old sod would probably hear you)

The police will no doubt have a field day if he reported you. In his place I would report you for causing an accident and leaving the scene of an accident. I would also get the reg number of the bus so he can be a witness (who will say he saw you pull from one lane to another as that is what he will have seen in his rear view mirror).

There may not have been damage to your car, but you can bet he has some on his now.

If I was in your shoes I would expect that knock on the door, so you better have a great story ready.

JB

Guest banjo_bob
STFU,

If what Tod is saying is the truth, the whole truth and nothing but then truth then it sounds like no details were going to be exchanged as the other chap wasn't going to be forthcoming. And the BOTTOM LINE IS:

Who the hell rings up the police and says:

"erm yeah mate, just rammed into the back of some chap, he drove off without taking my details so he can't claim off my insurance now" :wacko:

The police will no doubt have a field day if he reported you. In his place I would report you for causing an accident and leaving the scene of an accident. I would also get the reg number of the bus so he can be a witness (who will say he saw you pull from one lane to another as that is what he will have seen in his rear view mirror).

There may not have been damage to your car, but you can bet he has some on his now.

If I was in your shoes I would expect that knock on the door, so you better have a great story ready.

JB

You going to tell Branners to "STFU" now Matt H??

Guest banjo_bob
A.N. Other Mod has had a word with Matt. I suggest you let it go rather than try and escalate things.

Point taken.

JB

And here comes the meteor :rlol:

Eh? And I got a telling off by the police for removing someones keys and throwing them into some bushes! Theft, allegedly!

Hate miserable old b@stards that can't actually drive! Confronted with them every day in works car park when the useless old scuffers park right infront of the workshop door that has a sign to the right saying "DO NOT PARK INFRONT OF THIS DOOR"!

Glad it wasn't the Supra though matey!

And here comes the meteor :rlol:

If I was in his position I would certainly report you, he had the chance to get your reg plate, his wife had time to make a note of the other cars around them while he went to find the keys you took from him car.

He has damage to his car he needs to claim for, and he wont want to lose his NCB so will say it was your fault.

You have no defence against his claims, you changed lanes and then stomped the brakes (lets see you prove otherwise), you then stole his car keys and threw them away and left the scene of an accident without giving your insurance details even though he can claim they were asked for.

You will be shown to be at fault due to your actions. No space debris is required to make any of that happen, and as I say if I was the old bloke in the car I would make a very special effort to make your life hell as you seem to deserve it.

Now the bus that was ahead has started indicating and is pulling off so I ease off the gas just in case he’s wanting over to the right hand lane and BANG!!! The old git behind had rammed me.

You have no defence against his claims, you changed lanes and then stomped the brakes (lets see you prove otherwise.

Why would you have to prove that you didn't stomp on the brakes?

You say he has no defence against his claims, you're assuming the old bloke was in the right and has witnesses to back him up?

To state the obvious, to aportion blame on who was responsible for one car hitting another you would have to be there to witness it!

Clearly Todd shouldn't have thrown the keys away but what about the old bloke with all of that verbal abuse - you don't have a problem with that?

Why would you have to prove that you didn't stomp on the brakes?

You say he has no defence against his claims, you're assuming the old bloke was in the right and has witnesses to back him up?

To state the obvious, to aportion blame on who was responsible for one car hitting another you would have to be there to witness it!

Clearly Todd shouldn't have thrown the keys away but what about the old bloke with all of that verbal abuse - you don't have a problem with that?

:goodpost: