The mkiv Supra Owners Club

Just been rammed

Todd

So what would you do?

Bumbling along the road, under the speed limit and just going through a round about when I see the bus has stopped up a head, there is a car stuck behind it pulling out so I stick on my indicator to pull out into the right hand lane (dial carriageway) as soon as I come out the roundabout.

Now, this gentleman has been almost side by side with me (about 2 cars length behind) along the carriageway and I am out the roundabout before him, as I said, indicate and pull out.

Now this old fella starts flashing his lights and shaking his fist at me! I just let it go as his wife beside him looks grumpy about something so probably having a bad day.

Now the bus that was ahead has started indicating and is pulling off so I ease off the gas just in case he’s wanting over to the right hand lane and BANG!!! The old git behind had rammed me.

Stop the car, put on the hazards and go and see what his issue is, I start with “eh, you do realise you just rammed me?” to which I was met by a cross between victor meldrew trying to squeeze as many swear words into one sentence as possible.

I never even got another word in, this guy was screaming at me (just rammed me!) because I cut him up then slowed down in front of him (or at least that’s what I think he said?)

So checked my car out, no major damage, just a scuff I can buff out myself, went back to his drivers window and asked for insurance details and once again, *******!!!!%^*(((*&&!^^ from this old gent.

So, rather than haul him through the window by his tie and proceed to earn myself a jail sentence I reached in, took his car keys out the ignition and threw them over onto the grass verge, got in my car and drove away.

Now I would just like to say hand on heart that I had my indicator on the whole time out from the roundabout, at no point did I cut him up, doing about 5-10mph coming out the roundabout anyway and whilst he has hit me, I’m the one getting the abuse and no apology forthcoming!

To cap it all off, some bloke was walking by and shouts, “leave him alone, he’s just an old man”, WTF! I haven’t said one word, been rammed and swore at and called all the names under the sun LOL.

And breath :D

PS, it wasn't the Supra

• Replies 61
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

sorry but... lmfao id never have thought of the key idea :D

but seriously, what a tool he probably thinks he owns the road because he has been driving for a century from what i can see you did everything right, there is just no pleasing some people :(

The main thing is that your ok and the car is, i recommend using lube next time you have a major ramming session up the backside though, less sore the next morning...:p

Mate, if you only knew what had happened to me not 30mins before hand you'd be laughing even harder but I'm not saying as this isn't members only ;)

Guest banjo_bob

Expect a knock on the door from the Police if they took your details.

You left the scene of an accident without exchanging details.

Perhaps you ought to contact your local constabulary to save yourself some hassle.

Perhaps you ought to contact your local constabulary to save yourself some hassle.

What accident?

He rammed me and no damage I wanted to pursue him for so left.

Mate, if you only knew what had happened to me not 30mins before hand you'd be laughing even harder but I'm not saying as this isn't members only ;)

Can a Mod move this to members only please?

Can you not just start a new thread IN members only?

Enquiring minds need to know.

I wouldn't mention the throwing the keys thing to the police, I'm not sure if they would like that or not really as you didn't touch him but you could conceivably have cost him money by loosing his keys. Ignorant old b@5tards are like that and probably deserve to be gubbed but I think I would probably have just taken his reg and called the police if he had refused to give insurance details over.

I wouldn't mention the throwing the keys thing to the police, I'm not sure if they would like that or not really as you didn't touch him but you could conceivably have cost him money by loosing his keys. Ignorant old b@5tards are like that and probably deserve to be gubbed but I think I would probably have just taken his reg and called the police if he had refused to give insurance details over.

Keys were visable on the verge, I know it was the wrong thing to do but was so bloody angry with this bloke, had to let it out somehow :innocent:

Just double checked with the local police station and as there was no damage done I don't have to report it and yes I left out the bit about the keys :blush:

STFU,

If what Tod is saying is the truth, the whole truth and nothing but then truth then it sounds like no details were going to be exchanged as the other chap wasn't going to be forthcoming. And the BOTTOM LINE IS:

Who the hell rings up the police and says:

"erm yeah mate, just rammed into the back of some chap, he drove off without taking my details so he can't claim off my insurance now" :wacko:

P.s

Todd,

You should be ashamed of yourself for cutting up an old pensioner, causing an accident and then throwing his keys away! What a bar steward! :D

Just double checked with the local police station and as there was no damage done I don't have to report it and yes I left out the bit about the keys :blush:

Police are not usually interested unless someone is hurt or serious damage has been done to anything that has been crashed into i.e a building.

Load of bollocks "You left the scene of an accident".

Load of bollocks "You left the scene of an accident".

That is an offense, though. I don't know if its criminal or civil. A guy on my street got busted on two counts of it when he rammed a building and a parked car and then buggered off. In fact he actually put his contact details through the letterbox of the parked car owner's house, but the Police said even that wasn't enough under the circumstances.

You mentioned there was no damage to your car. Was the old geezer's car damaged at all? He may still want to claim on his insurance to get it fixed if so. Although he's probably automatically at fault because he hit you from behind I reckon he could create an awkward situation if he so desired - especially if there were any witnesses to corroborate him trying to find his keys on the verge after you drove off.

Was the old geezer's car damaged at all? He may still want to claim on his insurance to get it fixed if so. Although he's probably automatically at fault because he hit you from behind I reckon he could create an awkward situation if he so desired - especially if there were any witnesses to corroborate him trying to find his keys on the verge after you drove off.

[/size]

As I said, spoke to police already and they also said that you do NOT have to report it if there was no damage.

I see what you are saying but he's more than welcome to try and claim, I'll just show them the quote by Matt ;)

Who the hell rings up the police and says:

"erm yeah mate, just rammed into the back of some chap, he drove off without taking my details so he can't claim off my insurance now"

That is an offense, though. I don't know if its criminal or civil. A guy on my street got busted on two counts of it when he rammed a building and a parked car and then buggered off. In fact he actually put his contact details through the letterbox of the parked car owner's house, but the Police said even that wasn't enough under the circumstances.

Hence my comment that you deleted out the quote. Police are only interested if someone is hurt or serious damage has been caused. So this would be an offence if not reported within X timescale.

My mate got 10 points and £500 fine for reversing into a car and not reporting it.

Hence my comment that you deleted out the quote. Police are only interested if someone is hurt or serious damage has been caused. So this would be an offence if not reported within X timescale.

Fair do's that is correct:

The law requires that if you have been the driver of a motor vehicle on a road involved in an accident resulting in injury or damage to another person's property or involving some types of animals, you, the driver, must stop and if required by any person having reasonable grounds, provide your name and address, insurance company and name and address of the owner of the vehicle you are driving and its registration mark.

So the irony is that up until the key-throwing and driving off incident it was actually the old guy who was legally in the wrong by refusing to provide insurance details when asked.