The mkiv Supra Owners Club

Ferrari throw toys out of pram

Terminator

they are correct whats the point of having some teams on a capped budget and others unlimitted, f1 will fall apart without them i think.

f1 is the pinnacle of motorsport and should be unlimitted budget with max development if you cant afford to run then get out :p

they are correct whats the point of having some teams on a capped budget and others unlimitted, f1 will fall apart without them i think.

f1 is the pinnacle of motorsport and should be unlimitted budget with max development if you cant afford to run then get out :p

we would only just have a few teams in it then the ones with the most money

The optional £40m budget cap is a ridiculously low figure for a team to design and run cars that participate in the worlds most prestigious motorsport racing series.

I'm sure they'll all end up comprising and raising the budget.

Who ever listened to Mosley? that man has never had a sound mind - They are killing the sport, and have been for some time now! This is not any sport, its the pinnacle of man/machine, and as such we demand to c the best - Ofcourse the F1 could live on without Ferrari, but it would in no degree be as interesting as it was/is.

In my opinion, it seems like FIA are making one mistake after another!

Who ever listened to Mosley? that man has never had a sound mind - They are killing the sport, and have been for some time now! This is not any sport, its the pinnacle of man/machine, and as such we demand to c the best - Ofcourse the F1 could live on without Ferrari, but it would in no degree be as interesting as it was/is.

In my opinion, it seems like FIA are making one mistake after another!

In all fairness Ferrari aren't making it interesting at all this year. Not really fussed how well they are doing.

Last year was a different story and if this had come out then all would be different.

It's not just Ferrari; redbull, renault, toyota, bmw and mclaren won't sign up to a 2 tier formula. If the rules were left alone and the budget limit set to a figure that is attainable by the big teams with existing contracts they must honour then this all goes away.

It's predicted that the unrestricted cars that are subjuct to the cap, will go 3secs per lap faster than the unlimited budget cars which are restricted. But u try and turn a £150m+ business into a £40m one practically overnight. Contracts, employees, facilites etc etc can't just disappear from the books overnight. The human cost alone (mass redundancies) would be awful and 3 new teams wouldn't soak up much of that talent pool. So £40m is unattainable in year 1 (6months from now) and giving new teams a 3sec a lap adv isn't racing.

Fia are c nuts, they seem fully intent on messing with the system, esp the business side without consulting the people running the businesses. The via are trying to bully the teams and prove they are in charge. I hope FOTA explain to them that they don't have the power to make wholesale changes without consultation.

The teams want to save money but you can't expect it overnight.

The fia could just ban certain expensive materials etc etc but they seem intent on wasting money on accountants :(

The teams that are stuck with this are; Williams, Brawn and Force India. They exist as a business only to race. Without racing they just fold. This is why those teams appear on the face of it to capitulate when in fact they have no choice. The FIA and Bernie want all the teams to become this type of team, to give them total control again.

I predict the LeMans/prototype racing will see new teams in 2010...

It's not just Ferrari; redbull, renault, toyota, bmw and mclaren won't sign up to a 2 tier formula. If the rules were left alone and the budget limit set to a figure that is attainable by the big teams with existing contracts they must honour then this all goes away.

It's predicted that the unrestricted cars that are subjuct to the cap, will go 3secs per lap faster than the unlimited budget cars which are restricted. But u try and turn a £150m+ business into a £40m one practically overnight. Contracts, employees, facilites etc etc can't just disappear from the books overnight. The human cost alone (mass redundancies) would be awful and 3 new teams wouldn't soak up much of that talent pool. So £40m is unattainable in year 1 (6months from now) and giving new teams a 3sec a lap adv isn't racing.

Fia are c nuts, they seem fully intent on messing with the system, esp the business side without consulting the people running the businesses. The via are trying to bully the teams and prove they are in charge. I hope FOTA explain to them that they don't have the power to make wholesale changes without consultation.

The teams want to save money but you can't expect it overnight.

The fia could just ban certain expensive materials etc etc but they seem intent on wasting money on accountants :(

The teams that are stuck with this are; Williams, Brawn and Force India. They exist as a business only to race. Without racing they just fold. This is why those teams appear on the face of it to capitulate when in fact they have no choice. The FIA and Bernie want all the teams to become this type of team, to give them total control again.

I predict the LeMans/prototype racing will see new teams in 2010...

100% correct, this isnt about Ferrari throwing their toys out of the pram, its about the total mismanagement of the sport by the FIA if you want F1 to be just another bog standardised championship, then back the FIA, people have such short memories i watch Ferrari for 21 years win nothing, they didnt shut up shop then did they!!! personally i would rather watch Ferrari at the back of the field than some made up US team with no history, and dont forget Brawn arnt winning because they had a small budget they have benifitted from the huge sums of money that Honda put into the team over the last winter, if they had only spent 40m they would be no where. (rant over)

F1 died in the 70's, it's just boring and complete rubbish now if you ask me, so I couldn't give a rats ar5e what they do :).

I disagree, it's so incredibly close at the moment (1sec covers the top 12 most of the time) that its never a given as to who will win. RedBull should have won the last 2 but for being held up by traffic.

There are no driver aids, and yet they are pulling manouvres fighter pilots would be proud of, every lap of the race.

Can someone explain why there are any restrictions at all, not just money but car mods too? Why can't there be unlimited budget and unlimited things that you can do to the car to make it go fast, isn't that the whole point of the thing?

Can someone explain why there are any restrictions at all, not just money but car mods too? Why can't there be unlimited budget and unlimited things that you can do to the car to make it go fast, isn't that the whole point of the thing?

The technology of going faster has always been ahead of the technology of human safety. If they began - for instance - to use jet engines on wheels then the G forces involved would be impossible for humans to endure for 2 hours. The reaction times of the drivers would also be a concern.

I'm not saying I wouldn't like to see it happen though :D

Guest willismaximus
I think the regs were put in to make the cars slower and safer after the Deaths of Senna etc.

Correct, the usual Health and Saftey warmongers went mental after Senna but lets not forget he wasn't the only casualty that weekend, Roland Ratzenberger died during qualifying for the same race and Barrichello was seriously injured too so it was inevitable that after two deaths and a mauling there was going to be a major overhaul regarding safety.

On another note it does then bring in the question of why the drivers salaries have steadily increased even though the danger has steadily reduced..... the whole point of their high salaries was the idea of 'Hazard pay' because they were risking life and limb and huge speeds to entertain the masses but these days they can crash at speeds of 180mph and literally walk away........ {Steps back and waits to see if this sparks a seperate debate :p }

Rules are also tightened to make sure the cars are capable of roughly the same thing so there is some actual racing.

But they could easily ban anything you can't get on a road car...like carbon wishbones, pneumatic valve trains, carbon gearboxes...hell even decree the body has to be made from plastic...to bring the costs down.

But u try and turn a £150m+ business into a £40m one practically overnight. Contracts, employees, facilites etc etc can't just disappear from the books overnight. The human cost alone (mass redundancies) would be awful and 3 new teams wouldn't soak up much of that talent pool. So £40m is unattainable in year 1 (6months from now) and giving new teams a 3sec a lap adv isn't racing.

But the £40m cap won't include salaries, marketing and some other stuff that I can't remember....

....so there won't necessarily be redundancies etc on such a scale.

But the £40m cap won't include salaries, marketing and some other stuff that I can't remember....

....so there won't necessarily be redundancies etc on such a scale.

The salaries excluded were only the drivers AFAIK.