The mkiv Supra Owners Club

Incredible honesty. What would you have done?

supra_aero

• Replies 58
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Days

Top Posters In This Topic

3 pages of posts and no one has said:

What the f"ck was 21k in cash doing in a bag in the first place?!

Possible less honest theory:

- The bag was being carried by dodgy people

- taxi driver new this or perhaps at least thought; hang on 21k in cash, i'd be in sh!t if i kept this.

- taxi driver hunts down and gives back to avoid reprcussions

Umm, maybe if this wasn't made public the above might have been. Depends who made it public.

More likly story:

- taxi driver saw back and decided to return it

- taxi driver gives bag back then only then finds out that it has 21k in it because he never bothered looking inside himself

- taxi driver.... echoing homer simpson DOH! that can be heard from that martian flying saucer in space!! :D

You are such a nerd :D

Maybe, but he is a policeman after all! ;)

It was an elderly couple, and a good deal of money, so really he did do the decent thing and return it, as that could've been their life savings etc. I wonder if he would've been quite so honest for a few hundred?

Good on him. :)

This reminds me of the Blackie

"take it back"

Thread

That was great :)

I'd have handed it back.

Dishonesty has a way of biting you in the arse when you least expect it!

Otherwise known as prison. :sly:

I would have taken the money!!

I once found £40 in a phone box in a train station. Unfortunately I was with my mother who marched me straight to British transport police to hand it in.. 6 weeks later I had a letter saying that no one had claimed the £40 and I was able to pick it up from my local tran station.. went to pick it up and the jolly nice chaps had taxed it by £4!!!! So I got back £36 and vowed never to be honest again. That is why I now work in insurance ;) :D

Ollie

Sky Insurance

On second thoughts, I think I would have handed in that £10k

:D

I would like to think I'd hand it all back.

Although for some of us, perhaps it's a case of strength of character verses personal circumstances?

Edit: Just seen this

21k ??? buys a lovely single setup lol

He's right.

I would have taken the money!!

I once found £40 in a phone box in a train station. Unfortunately I was with my mother who marched me straight to British transport police to hand it in.. 6 weeks later I had a letter saying that no one had claimed the £40 and I was able to pick it up from my local tran station.. went to pick it up and the jolly nice chaps had taxed it by £4!!!! So I got back £36 and vowed never to be honest again. That is why I now work in insurance ;) :D

Ollie

Sky Insurance

I'm renewing my insurance with your company this month, and I'm now wondering if some blackmail may get me a larger discount! ;)

I'd keep it, and not spend it for a few months in case anyone claimed it etc, if nothing after a few months I'd spend it. Saying that, if it actually happened, I don't know what I'd do lol.

Maybe buy a few more TT Aerotops for your collection? ;)