The mkiv Supra Owners Club

testing the water ??? black tt6

TRD DAN

• 2 months later...

http://www.pistonheads.co.uk/sales/1150985.htm ....

Seems to be the trend at the moment, by a car that is f*cked and then try and clean it up a bit and sell it on at a much higher price!

I remember this having a hks dumpvalve when i looked at it which was spraying out oil which indicates piston rings are shot if im right??? Wonder whether this has been rectified or if the dumpvalve was just taken off to hide this problem?

http://www.pistonheads.co.uk/sales/1150985.htm ....

Seems to be the trend at the moment, by a car that is f*cked and then try and clean it up a bit and sell it on at a much higher price!

I remember this having a hks dumpvalve when i looked at it which was spraying out oil which indicates piston rings are shot if im right??? Wonder whether this has been rectified or if the dumpvalve was just taken off to hide this problem?

I was under the impression that a little oil from a vent to atmosphere dump valve is normal

I asked about it when I first joined up as I had a bit of oil around my stock recirc valve and was told it was normal. Maybe it's different with single set-ups with oil catch cans and all that? or just car specific as seals wear over time... :search:

I don't think it's an instant sign that your piston rings are gone though?

Oh just remembered actually it wasnt just spraying oil, it had an oil leak from it...& I just dont get why he would have bothered to take the dumpvalve off then...unless he really didnt like the sound of it?

And knowing that he only bought it for 6,500 and says he spent 1,000 fixing it, i wouldnt pay 10,000 for it...

Oh and it does come with a folder full of receipts...shame they are all from Turbofit...:)

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue. You might also be interested in our Guidelines, Privacy Policy and Terms of Use.