The mkiv Supra Owners Club

N/A Manual/AUTO

fessen

Hi Guys,

Trying to be more specific in this thread regarding what i am after.

Basically after a

Supra N/A either an Auto or a Manual.

No more than £2,000, as i know for a fact you can acquire them for this amount.

I would like one that requires a little bit of work, which would be good, as i am in no immediate rush to get it on the road and drive it.

Colour wise, i am not overly fussy.

Black, Silver, White etc.

Pref Standard, however i am not too bothered.

Mileage, no more than 90k really, as these 3l engines arent really built for hundreds of thousands of miles.

It will be used as a 2nd car, just for social fun really. Upon completion of a deal, the car will be looked after like you wouldn't believe, like another family member :p.

Hopefully i can find my Supra :)

Thanks for reading

Kind Regards

My dad suggested i give up my car on this new government car scrappage sceme, saying i'd get £2000 for it and can buy a new car...

but i convinced him my car was worth a lot more than that!

i'm was reading a thread on here (which i couldnt find again!) where everyone was saying that it was a shame people are selling their supras so cheap and that its bringing down the value of such a great car.

i wish you luck in finding one cheap though mate!

My dad suggested i give up my car on this new government car scrappage sceme, saying i'd get £2000 for it and can buy a new car...

but i convinced him my car was worth a lot more than that!

i'm was reading a thread on here (which i couldnt find again!) where everyone was saying that it was a shame people are selling their supras so cheap and that its bringing down the value of such a great car.

i wish you luck in finding one cheap though mate!

Thank you.

jock put one up this morning nice looking motor just over the 100k i think wants 2k or best offer worth a look id def by it if i had a spare 2k :(

Yeah i pmed him, its a lovely car.

Just 2k is pushing budget.. i know its cheap anyway, not arguing at that.

I would prefer it standard, so i can modify myself.

Cheers though :)

Mileage, no more than 90k really, as these 3l engines arent really built for hundreds of thousands of miles.

Possibly one of the dumbest things I've heard in a long time! and probably not the best forum in the world to write something like that!

Possibly one of the dumbest things I've heard in a long time! and probably not the best forum in the world to write something like that!

How is it?

If 1 supra decides to go boom at 90k, one decides to go boom at 150+k.

And if i bought one that had done 100k, and had been redlined for most of those, theres a good chance it wouldnt much longer.

All i am saying is i don't want one that has done hundreds of thousands of miles.

jees.

How is it?

If 1 supra decides to go boom at 90k, one decides to go boom at 150+k.

And if i bought one that had done 100k, and had been redlined for most of those, theres a good chance it wouldnt much longer.

All i am saying is i don't want one that has done hundreds of thousands of miles.

jees.

How many N/A supra's have you ever heard of going "boom"?

A few.

Scott why are you being so commenty?

All i want to buy is a supra with less thaqn 90k miles, and all i am getting is people blah blah this and that.

You guys are enough to make people not post on the site.

Can you just let me find one.

A few.

Links to threads please

All i want to buy is a supra with less thaqn 90k miles, and all i am getting is people blah blah this and that.

That's because you come on here telling us our engines aren't built for high mileage which is rubbish. If you'd have said you want a low mileage one as you are concerned about the lifespan of the engine, you'd have got far less grief.

As long as we're enough to stop people posting bollocks on this site.

Sure.

Scott why are you being so commenty?

Because you are spouting misinformed crap and I don't want other people reading it and taking it as gospel, as you have clearly done.

Because of aforementioned misinformed crap.

We don't like misinformed crap being posted.

Not a problem, stop reading misinformed crap.

@Fessen these engines are good for 200K so long as they get looked after properly. I would rather have a 150k N/A than say a 50k fiat coupe (random "fast car"). My N/A has never ever missed a heart beat and its on 104k, Its been my most reliable car out of 6 cars Ive owned inc MERC, pulsar GTI-R ect.

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue. You might also be interested in our Guidelines, Privacy Policy and Terms of Use.