The mkiv Supra Owners Club

Car PC - Testing the water

Scott

I'm thinking about putting my CarPC up for grabs.

Its this one..

http://store.mo-co-so.com/index.php?main_page=product_info&cPath=24_26&products_id=66

I also have a lilliput single din touch screen VGA monitor that would be going along with it. The whole setup cost me £900 when i bought it and put it all together.

What sort of money should i be looking at? An ideal replacement would be an all in one double din unit so i would be interested in PX etc. I would only be willing to trade for good makes though, such as kenwood and pioneer all in ones.

As i say, i'm just testing the water to see if its going to be worth my while. I haven't set in stone whether i'm going to use this setup or not.

Cheers

I looked into this stuff to put in my bmw.. there some wicked kit about and your seems to look like a small enough unit that would fit in nice. Prices can be a pain in the arse for you tho as PC stuff loses value every secound unfortunatly

You got anymore info on the touch screen? And if you could pm me a guide price as well for the lots that would be great. Perhaps we could work sumthing out

£700 posted

The touchscreen monitor:

http://www.carcomputer.co.uk/component/page,shop.product_details/flypage,shop.flypage/product_id,155/category_id,11/manufacturer_id,0/option,com_virtuemart/Itemid,26/

CD/DVD Player:

http://www.dvbcaraudio.co.uk/product_info.php?products_id=2063

Includes Datacard with vodafone sim card for mobile internet browsing and all of the cable's etc etc.

i would take the PC but for £250 if you want, considering its a second hand item and is $499 to buy new

499.00 USD = 341.305 GBP

which is only £89 less than new price

Looking to sell all or nothing buddy, thanks for your offer.

The PC comes with a DVD-RW, GPS Dongle, 3g Datacard, all the cables etc etc.

Try factoring that lot in with the postage from the US and the customs charges and you will see a lot more than £341.30 coming out of your bank account. The PC cost me £450 when i bought it, postage was around £50 iirc, the extras were £80 and the customs charge was £60. Thats before i factor in all the 5m cabling i had to buy.

i know mate, but its all used/second hand, and its a buyers market, if you dont sell and need to look me up. i can bung a sx280 (which ive bought) and a opus PSU in the boot for £130 (pc cost me £80) data i would only want via my blackberry and bluetooth gps dongle i can get for £14 dvd-rw is already in the £80 pc. cables i would want to make myself anyway.

now if you said the amps and EVERYTHING was for sale i would probably offer you £600

Na Amp's and Sub's are gone.

Its a buyers market but lets not take the piss bud. 650 quids worth of kit doesn't become 250 quids worth JUST because its 2nd hand. An offer is an offer though so cheers anyway ;)

I'm not selling JUST the PC. As i said, its the whole lot or nothing. I'm still in 2 minds with what to do. I don't want to end up getting rid of it just to want another one, that would be a MAJOR waste of money. I have to weigh up hardly using the thing to wanting to have my toys.

I had priced it as £300 for the PC, £60 for the extra's and cabling, £175 for the touchscreen £130 for the headunit and the rest for courier and packaging.

I think 300 for a 2nd hand pc is also over priced. i would have to see sumone get ripped off. no offence

Why?

£300 gets you a crap PC in a shop...

Try building one and you'll still hit near to £300

Stop leaving comments and look elsewhere if you have a problem.:giveup:

Im interested at the asking price, pm on the way : )

I think 300 for a 2nd hand pc is also over priced. i would have to see sumone get ripped off. no offence

I would never charge £300 for a normal 2nd hand PC. This is a proper car PC though, they are hard to come by and even harder to make yourself if you aren't into that sort of thing. Everything about this PC is custom configured to operate in a car, even the mounts on the motherboard have little dampers.

If your after a PC i have a 3.0ghz P4 with 1GB of ram etc etc going for £100 notes. Wouldn't fancy it in the boot of a car though.

Why?

Replied :)

Why?

Good post!
/vbb/images/smilies/bbcode_grin.gif

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue. You might also be interested in our Guidelines, Privacy Policy and Terms of Use.