The mkiv Supra Owners Club

Can anyone recommend me a bike forum?

Conrad

Me and a friend of mine are looking into getting our bike licenses in time for the summer. I have a few queries on tests and which bike to start with etc but need a forum to join...

Can anyone point me in the right direction?

Oh and don't need any of the sarcastic posts you normally get round here when anyone mentions getting a bike. I'm fully aware of how dangerous they are! ;)

PS...

I did this about a month ago, are you looking at just your CBT or DAS ?

Your age also comes into play regarding what you can ride.

Don't know a forum that would help but there are loads of sites that have info on the various tests and what you are allowed to ride.

If you are just looking at doing your CBT there are load of "sporty" 125's around that look nothing like a little bike.

If you are doing your DAS and can ride unrestricted, the choice is massive, but the advice you will get is very different, depending on who you are talking to.

PS...

I did this about a month ago, are you looking at just your CBT or DAS ?

Your age also comes into play regarding what you can ride.

Don't know a forum that would help but there are loads of sites that have info on the various tests and what you are allowed to ride.

If you are just looking at doing your CBT there are load of "sporty" 125's around that look nothing like a little bike.

If you are doing your DAS and can ride unrestricted, the choice is massive, but the advice you will get is very different, depending on who you are talking to.

Well I did have my CBT a few years back but that's expired so I'll need to take it again. After that I want to get my full bike license.

I've been looking at older GSX600R's, they're pretty cheap as is the CBR600. I've been told the GSX is the better bike but the CBR more user friendly.

I know somebody will say a 600 is too big for a first time bike but I used to race scrams for years so handling a quick bike isn't as daunting for me as it would be others...

Cheers Jamie, will check that site out...