The mkiv Supra Owners Club

All the Drama.......

imi

http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/uk/8011341.stm

Talk about a major cock up.....perhaps incompetence, perhaps over excited taking advantage of all the media attention......but surely this is unacceptable for the innocent guys...I get the feeling that this new terrorism act is just being used as an excuse for overzealous policemen.

"it was unacceptable for the government to make these sorts of prejudicial remarks from the outset, find insufficient evidence to bring charges, and then deport the men anyway."

Remember that Dickhead MP who decided to bring confidential information out of the office and allow it to be photographed ?

Well he is the reason that raid was brought forward in the first place.

I imagine the security service, Mi5 etc would have liked to gather more info in order to secure prosecutions (should there be any)And if not nobody would have been raided. But because of said lapse they had to take the risk of a backlash if wrong.

The fact of the matter is they must have been doing something a bit suspect in order to prick the ears of the security services.

Remember that $#@! MP who decided to bring confidential information out of the office and allow it to be photographed ?

Well he is the reason that raid was brought forward in the first place.

Not an MP, it was the Metropolitan Police Assistant Commissioner, Bob Quick.

I agree with what you say though - there's probably much more to this than can be said in public just now. They'll have been up to something to attract the sort of attention the did from the security services.

I thought the blokes had student visa's and weren't residing here illegally (afaik). If not they will be deported but I don't believe that was the inital motive in arresting them.

However, what's worrying is that the Terrorism Act can be misused to arrest people "just so we're in the safe side", without solid evidence. This government is paranoid and the media is injecting the same paranoia down to the masses.

Unfortunately most of those that are arrested do not care for the UK.

Even the guys in this particular case? How do we know if they care about this country or not? I don't. As far as I know it was a very rushy-rushy operation and the public has not been very much informed (yet). I'm sure though alot of others don't care at all, so to some extent I do agree with you.

I understand where you're coming from although the UK is a safe country to live in the first place...