The mkiv Supra Owners Club

Clutch sounding different after reinstall

csa

After I installed the new engine and the old gearbox, my Exedy twinplate has started to rattle quite alot. This is a bit strange as it didn't really make a sound before.

I took the engine out with the gearbox on it, and disassembled the clutch via the inspection opening at the front, to take off the gearbox. When I put it back on, I did the same. I haven't had the clutch off the box, only the flywheel ofcource.

Obviously I've assembled it some other way than it was before, but I really can't see it's possible to do on more that one way.

any thoughts?

• 2 weeks later...

no used the same flywheel bolts as they looked brand new. How would that affect the sound?

should mention that the flywheel has been balanced with the crank when I did the engine rebuild

Guest drlee

sometimes if plates are put back perhaps in opposite direction.other than original travel,,done it with my hks one!it can be noisier,dont matter.provided everythings tight u shud b cool. d