The mkiv Supra Owners Club

Help - forgotton password to log on to Windows!!

Conrad

Oh man this could be a big problem.

To cut a long story short it appears that when setting up my password to log on to Windows Vista I have managed to input my new password incorrectly twice. Damn wireless keyboard.

Anyway I need to gain access to my PC. I've tried accessing Safemode with F8 and even that wont work. Instead of the ususal options I just get 3 options of how I want to boot up, From Floppy, CDROM or HD.

Anyone know how to get access to Windows? I cannot be re-installing everything becuase I haven't backed anything up! :rolleyes:

Trinity rescue disk is a good option..

Do you know the administrator password? if so have a quick search because this has happened to others on here as well :)

I am the administrator on my PC if that's what you mean.

Will check out Trinity though cheers Gav, downloading something called Ophcrack too at the moment.

My only concern is that it's a 10 digit password with letters and numbers, it's probably not an easy password to crack. :(

My only concern is that it's a 10 digit password with letters and numbers, it's probably not an easy password to crack. :(

Doesn't matter, the software simply resets it, so having a complicated password doesn't really make any difference, especially with windows.

Or you could partition the hard drive and install windows on another part. The use the new windows to go through my computer to find the other partition and then remove all your files. Then you can format
Sledgehammer to crack a nut? Resetting the password is by far the simplest and quickest option.