The mkiv Supra Owners Club

Considering an RX7 for my next project?

JamieP

If I had two parking spaces I'd probably have an RX7 too.:)

Mate of mine as a nicely setup S14 (mostly suspension work) and puts in some very good times at Fuji, but it'll always look a bit naff.

The RX7 looks, sounds and goes how it should :) Just got to find one without a stupid kit...

• Replies 97
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Got to be black, anyone know if the j-spec or UK rex's are different at all?

Yes Uk specs were better loaded. Cruise control, sunroof (which ruins the look imo) and other toys. But they weighed more and had less power. And they have an ugly foglight in the rear bumper which helps you differentiate them.

Go for a j-spec type r (has twin oil coolers as opposed to one). If you can afford and find one, get a rx7 spirit - r! The rarest most caveated rx7 ever made.

Don't drop a LS1 or v8 in the rx7 either. It ruins the whole rotary purpose and you won't be best liked by mazda rx7 owners club members and rx7 fans either.

Obviously its up to you. I am thinking of getting another one late summer. Visibility of early model headlights are poor btw. Depends what you will be using the car for ultimately.

Can give you plenty of pointers if you need any.

O and incase you are wondering why that rx7 you posted looks so good is because it has burnout wing fenders - v.good looking subtle bodykit option.

A guy has a really nice Sylvia Spec R in the car park at work, set up and has driftworks stickers plastered all over it. I'll try and get a photo. Different colour and wheels and I think it'll look very smart indeed.

Do love the RX7 myself, it just looks like a car that's sneering at you and wants to maim you. Being 5'8 I fit in them just fine :)

Just found this one while having a trawl:

http://i297.photobucket.com/albums/mm203/j_s14a/rx7.jpg

More details here: http://www.rx7club.com/album.php?albumid=141&pictureid=4519

Also, have you considered an E30 M3?

E30 M3 is a good shout, a few of my mates are getting into the E30's of late and i have to say i love them, a mate Darren is fitting a 3.5L from a 535i in his at the min.

I test drove a E30 M3 that was on ebay a couple of weeks back, it had the later 3.2 evo engine but tbh it still felt under powered to me, i did consider getting it and supercharging it but the guy would not accept my offer, i called him again a few days later but he sold it. 1 or 2jz in an E30 would be fun im thinking:cool:

E30 M3's are awesome car's.

A guy around here has just completed a 2JZ conversion, and was recently mapped at 600rwhp!

Awesome amounts of fun, no traction till 4th gear though!

and with regards to the 240Z, check out RIPS beast, 240Z with a RB30 :D