The mkiv Supra Owners Club

Considering an RX7 for my next project?

JamieP

Ill never sell the supra but as its basically completed now (just the RMM front lip and a bit more mapping left to do) and im getting bored:D

Im thinking a black stock body RX7 would look nice sat next to the Supra, de wing it and stick some aggressive offset wheels on and a shine auto diffuser would look cool, oh and a mean engine;)

Maybe do a bit of drifting in it.

Ive been looking around on driftworks to get some ideas and i like the look of this one, what do you think to do one similar? wheels are a bit marmite but i kinda like em:)

• Replies 97
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Let me be the first to say, you'll struggle to get in one mate. It's not a big car at all, and I think you'll feel cramped and uncomfortable.

For my money, having driven both, the Supra is the better car. The RX7 always had that feeling of driving on a knife-edge whereas the Supra feels so much more adjusted to high speed.

The RX7 does handle very nicely, but there are just too many limiting factors for me.

How about something like an Arial Atom with the 300bhp engine if you're going that route?

Let me be the first to say, you'll struggle to get in one mate. It's not a big car at all, and I think you'll feel cramped and uncomfortable.

For my money, having driven both, the Supra is the better car. The RX7 always had that feeling of driving on a knife-edge whereas the Supra feels so much more adjusted to high speed.

The RX7 does handle very nicely, but there are just too many limiting factors for me.

How about something like an Arial Atom with the 300bhp engine if you're going that route?

I sat in a freind of a freinds RX7 a few weeks back, he had some low bucket seats in it and i just about fitted ok, went for a spin and i loved it.

Atoms dont really interest me, i just want something for messing about in doing a bit of drifting that dont cost the earth, if/when the lump goes pop id either drop in a 1jz or lexus V8.

I sat in a freind of a freinds RX7 a few weeks back, he had some low bucket seats in it and i just about fitted ok, went for a spin and i loved it.

Atoms dont really interest me, i just want something for messing about in doing a bit of drifting that dont cost the earth, if/when the lump goes pop id either drop in a 1jz or lexus V8.

Sounds like you know what you want then... although a 200sx is the obvious choice for cheap drifting. Or an AE86 but I would really worry about the size of one of those.

How about an S14 with an RB26 engine in it? Not only would you get the power but you get a classic chassis for drift in a fairly rare car. That's what I'd do if I was you. :eyebrows:

Oh, and RX7s are expensive to keep. Don't think they're cheap just because of the sale price. They drink petrol, eat tyres and the older ones break a little too often now...

Did you see who created this thread? :D

:p for once I read the thread!

Lame, i need pics of black ones slammed with super aggressively offset wheels:D EDIT, black one dont look bad but wheels to blingey.