The mkiv Supra Owners Club

a dodgy way to hook up the stock airbox with FMIC

Guest FKADizzmystar

Guest FKADizzmystar

just hooked the stock airbox back up to the car as the apexi pod was to loud and sucking in all the hot air from the engine. the pipe that was going over the top of the stock airbox from the new intercooler kit was blocking the stock airbox making it to tight for it to fit, so i made a custom pipe out of the stock intercooler piping i had lying around and it works. not sure if any1 has done it this way and posted it or what ever but ill post it and put some pictures up.

Pod 1.jpg

Apart 2.jpg

New 3.jpg

New 4.jpg

New 5.jpg

Wht didn't you use the OEM plastic one to go through the wing like I suggested and then connect up to your FMIC under the wing out of sight. I did this and my engine bay looks stock with the original airbox.

Edit.......I guess if you're not concerned how it looks then it doesn't really matter! :)

Guest FKADizzmystar

its doesnt really bother me on how it looks as long as it works for a bit untill i can be bothered to get a good one made up. and yeah its a tight fit and is putting some stress on the pipe, as you can see in the pics i cant bolt the airbox in, theres no need anyway its tight enough lol

and i didnt think the normal oem piping would match up to a FMIC. maybe a SMIC?

its doesnt really bother me on how it looks as long as it works for a bit untill i can be bothered to get a good one made up. and yeah its a tight fit and is putting some stress on the pipe, as you can see in the pics i cant bolt the airbox in, theres no need anyway its tight enough lol

and i didnt think the normal oem piping would match up to a FMIC. maybe a SMIC?

http://www.mkivsupra.net/vbb/showpost.php?p=2340249&postcount=5