The mkiv Supra Owners Club

Aero top progress...

The Raven

• Replies 952
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

A warning to all.

Despite having the cabon wrap fitted by people who should know what they are doing The hot weather has played havoc with it. It has now bubbled on the roof spoiler and split around the gear stick, and worse on the over head panel.

This stuff does not seem to like bending around anything other than near flat items. My TRD is still spot on as are the main dash, clocks and drivers panels.

I will taking them down to the shop next week where i hope for somekind fixing or money back.

A warning to all.

Despite having the cabon wrap fitted by people who should know what they are doing The hot weather has played havoc with it. It has now bubbled on the roof spoiler and split around the gear stick, and worse on the over head panel.

This stuff does not seem to like bending around anything other than near flat items. My TRD is still spot on as are the main dash, clocks and drivers panels.

I will taking them down to the shop next week where i hope for somekind fixing or money back.

That sucks, good of you to warn others though. Hopefully you'll get things fixed easy enough.

That sucks, good of you to warn others though. Hopefully you'll get things fixed easy enough.

Well i know alot of people where doing it after me, mine lasted a good 4 months? without an issue but once the heat in the car built up it must unstick the glue.

Failing all of it i will demand a refund remove it and spray everything.

• 5 weeks later...
Hi mate,

What did you use to fit the front bumper?

I've got a Doluck waiting to go on, and didnt want any problems with cracking around the screws...did you use some sort of washer/brace?

Fibre glassed bolts in mate All held ok until a huge pot hole ripped two out. More bolts more glass and its cool again.

going to keep an eye on this as im going to be doing a bit of a rebuild on the sound system

Will be back to this at some point wont be long.

Looks alot different to the car I saw a while ago Russ.. good man!!

Indeed it does i think you saw it in its raw form stock without stickers. Only one other on here had the "pleasure" of seeing it and driving it in the castrol nastness. Shortly after Gaz1 sold his supra and never got another one:D

• 3 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...

Update,

She has now been off road for weeks due to the smashed front end.

MOT time as soon as i get it back together. Been offered an rx8 on px on her. Not sure what to do. Also more than tempted in a 5 speed TT that i could afford should i sell this one.

One day i might enjoy the car for what it is instead of hating it for what it could be.

Don't sell it now. You've worked so hard on it. Maybe you nee to just get it running again and enjoy it for a bit. That's what I have done with mine this summer.

This winter i'm lifting the engine and giving it a well deserved overhaul with the help of a good friend. It's going back into the bodyshop to have the underside all sealed and the front bumper resprayed (stone chip city!!).

• 2 weeks later...
Did you see the bucket seats Dean (tooquicktostop) bought of eBay? Maybe worth a look! :)

Nope but i will pm him, ta rob

Quick response here guys, im spraying the splitter on the front bumper black, and im thinking of doing the bottom of the skirts black to match?

Think it might be to much however.

Marked out the bits

Edited by The Raven (see edit history)

Hi Mate !

Just loving your work on this car , great stuff !

Think we're both on the same wavelength on wot we want from our cars here (colour scheme :)! not far off from each other)

If you look in my garage if sprayed the bottom lip on mine black ! (was in 2 minds first, but i think it makes it look better / obviously different bumper of course)

Personally i'd leave alone , but add oem carbon mirrors !

stevo did me a cracking job on mine .

Edited by Dyer864 (see edit history)

• 2 weeks later...

Totally losing the plot now, Car has been off road for over a month and half. It has no MOT, no front bumper. Col has advised not to repair it as im likely to hit it on something again and the repair would be worse again.

So first thing is first the front is for sale £60 as is pick up only i wouldnt trust postal not to damage it more than it is. It can be repaired if you could do that work yourself its a nice cheap bumper, maybe good for track or drift use. I will post a for sale thing later.

Now i saw both of jurgs bumpers on ebay and thought result, ive been outbid and they are now to costly so those are out, I cant seem to find anyone that will post a bumper be it stock or otherwise.

The car looks like a dam wreck, i hate its lack of power, i hate the sun for shinning when i cant get out in it, i hate people telling me to buy a "real supra". Im about ready to go out side and burn the fucking car.

Net break down over.

We all go through periods like this, I know I did when mine was off the road for 3 months then a £1700 bill to have the car back the same as it was before it broke. You just got to keep on going, cause you know it's worth it when they do work. It could be worse..

Stock front with a lip would still look awesome on your car, it also means you won't have to worry so much about damaging the front.

Chin up! :)

what happened Raven? Why did the bumper get damaged?

Like Marc said, we all go through periods like this.

I've had exactly the same with mine.

Now, on the eve of someone coming over to buy my car i'm suddenly facing reality that my pride and joy is about to drive away never to been seen again,... and its a sicking feeling.

Chin up buddy. Its a cracking looking car and NOT underpowered.

I love my NA's engine, reliabilty and sound,... and own a TT too, so unbiased.