The mkiv Supra Owners Club

My lads new toy

TNT

After a lot of internet searching went to Burton today to look at this for my lad

http://www.carandclassic.co.uk/car/C75774/

Absolutely mint, only one previous US owner, looks and drives like a dream. Wasn't sure what to expect given some of the handling comments I'de read. Unfortunately I had to test drive it as he is under 25 (condition of agency plate insurance). Comes with unmarked Trafficstar DTMs 20" deep rim wheels and Cobra R style carbon bonnet. He takes delivery next week, unfortunately he has to leave it with me for 4 weeks (bugger eh)

He is looking to take down the pod at some point, hopefully Supra Pod, spec time is 13 Secs so I'll be lagging behind.

I like the new shape, dont like this shape I am afraid, and I cant see it making 13 dead runs maybe high 13's or low 14's

Agreed, the new shape is far nicer but there is a huge price differential. I would have got him to buy a supra but he's old school and into American Muscle and anyhow, on his budget he would have picked up a TT and that would not be acceptable - to me. Bad enough he'll still be quicker then me. It will be interesting to see what time it does.

You can lead a horse to water but you can't make it drink! maybe in time he'll see the light, tbh I was glad he came away with this rather than the 76 Corvette Stingray he was drooling over. Nice car but a bugger to drive and not very practical. I'm laying bets he'll still beat us both at the pod. Did you see Sprint series through?

I take it you have 2 sons Steve?! That's surely not Ryan's! ;)

Ah, yeah. He's just got back from Iraq so we don't see much of him hence he's not with us at meets, that and he's found girls and beer a distraction from cars in the past, all that ll now change I'm sure.

Truly hideous.

Sorry, glad he's pleased though :)

Hideous is a little strong from an Audi 80 owner:rolleyes:, he is pleased though, better than a Corsa or Clio which most lads of his age drive around in.