The mkiv Supra Owners Club

Having this debate at work.

ManwithSupra

Guest Budz86

You'd also have to know you are being sniped at and where to look! To be fair, snipers don't usually make that info public! lol

• Replies 145
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

A miss by 1mm is still enough so all you have to do is move enough to miss by 1mm. Obviously a narrower target area needs less time to clear the trajectory if the target moves laterally. A shorter target similarly if the traget moves vertically. etc etc.

O.M.G

so, if im stood there and someone aims at my chest, if i move one millimeter to the side i'll be fine?! :lol:

I know this is a stupid question, but lets have a little bit realism, no one shooting you is going to aim to remove 1mm of skin from your arm!! :D

O.M.G

so, if im stood there and someone aims at my chest, if i move one millimeter to the side i'll be fine?! :lol:

I know this is a stupid question, but lets have a little bit realism, no one shooting you is going to aim to remove 1mm of skin from your arm!! :D

I think you missed his point Matt, by about 1mm. ;)

Guest Budz86

He means you only have to be missed by 1mm. You don't have to be 2ft away from where the bullet strikes. This means you move a shorter distance.

What type of gun is it? How far away is it? Is the bullet on target?

I mean if you're up against a railgun and you're less than a kilometre away I'd say your chance is nil. If you're up against a .38 or a glock or a .50 and at their operational range then maybe?

Sight is of course speed of light, reactions are pretty fast still (speed of neurons is very fast) but muscle react time is slow.

Can you then get them to debate if an aeroplane will take off if it starts on a treadmill? :)

EDIT: Damn got beaten to the treadmill idea ;)

I can't see page 2 because of the firewall here. But it all depends on the OP's "standing at a reasonable distance" clause. The further away you stand, you more chance you have of dodging the bullet. There is a distance (different for everyone, obviously) above which you will be able to dodge it if you're paying attention. Whether that distance is "a reasonable distance", well who knows? How long is a piece of string?

The flash comes after the round leaves the barrel, but the flash will *very* quickly overtake the round.

I think it may be possible but more a case of sticking your head out of a shell scraping, seeing a flash and quickly sticking your head back down. I dont think you could do a neo and move your whole body. Just because the muzzle velocity of 9mm is 1100fps doesn't mean it'll travel 1100 feet in 1 second, infact it'll be considerably less. It would need to be long range but in theory you might be able to cover before the bullet got your length but not likely in reality.

The bottom line is the question can't be answered because the question is flawed. :)

Another thought on the topic though; without knowing how a stanrdard sort of 9mm pistol performs, would you have to be too far away from it in order to "dodge" the bullet before you are out of it's range?

Similarly, moving onto a weapon that fires longer distances, then the bullet comes out a lot faster and covers distance quicker. So, that would mean less reaction time even though you are far away.

Based on the above... Is is possible to dodge a bullet from any gun (no thigns like rubber bullets, but ones that are designed to kill) within any guns given tragectory?

Myth busters!!

I think it may be possible but more a case of sticking your head out of a shell scraping, seeing a flash and quickly sticking your head back down. I dont think you could do a neo and move your whole body. Just because the muzzle velocity of 9mm is 1100fps doesn't mean it'll travel 1100 feet in 1 second, infact it'll be considerably less. It would need to be long range but in theory you might be able to cover before the bullet got your length but not likely in reality.

Good post :thumbs:

Let's just see what this does to the Perception/Politeness graph.

It’s probably in direct correlation to the post / ridiculously obvious graph! :D

I think the main focus here should be "will the plane take off?".

Consider these variables:

1) your gun is large. Very large. It's usually found on the back of railway cars in Germany.

2) your treadmill is infinitely huge and fast

3) there is no velcro

4) the plane has bearings in the wheels which can spin as fast as anything ever produced

5) it's not an easyjet plane.

With these in mind, my question is:

Can a rabbit be expected to eat spiders on demand?

I think the main focus here should be "will the plane take off?".

Consider these variables:

1) your gun is large. Very large. It's usually found on the back of railway cars in Germany.

2) your treadmill is infinitely huge and fast

3) there is no velcro

4) the plane has bearings in the wheels which can spin as fast as anything ever produced

5) it's not an easyjet plane.

With these in mind, my question is:

Can a rabbit be expected to eat spiders on demand?

Is there a comedy fail image?! :search: