The mkiv Supra Owners Club

Woohoo! Weight loss goal achieved!

Homer

• Replies 126
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

:trophy: well done mate, I'm planning on doing a bit of weight loss myself at the mo so hopefully i'll be able to do it to. Fingers croseed.

Anyway on the celica club, we had a smilie that said "this thread is worthless without pics". I would have used it now but as it's not here, I thought I might as well use what we have so here goes.

I suppose this one has actually worked then, :dontfeedmods:, :p

and when are we going to celebrate :party:

Kam

Well done mate!!

I know how much work it is, in the last 10 months, I lost 37.5 pounds in the forst 8 months, and now with good constant weight training I have picked up about 4kgs...

Constant work to keep it going, but well worth it in the end! Just feel so much better :D

Thanks guys and gals, much appreciated :thumbs: For all the overweight folks out there, it's sooo worthwhile doing this. You honestly won't beleive the difference to your quality of life, especially if being a litle more than just 'overweight'.

You must have a lot of self-discipline.

Actually, not a lot Jake once you get into it. I won't deny that the first 2-3 months were the hardest, it was nearly as difficult as quiting smoking (last time :innocent: ), but once taste buds are reset to taste normal food properly it's amazing how easy it is to maintain.

Now that you're at the point you're happy with, don't let it slip away or anything.

Not a chance of that mate! once the house refurb is finished I get the gym equipment back so can crack on with the cardio stuff and some weight lifting again, can't wait! I'll probably put on some weight once they're back, but will be very focused on losing body fat and improving fitness levels.

Damn!

Am I the only one thats sad to loose our most cuddliest member :(

haha, trust you Ed :D I'm still cuddly, just not so much to love!

Dude! You lost 5 stone!? That's bloody amazing mate, you must be over the moon.

Thats the spirit Mike :D 5.5 stone is a heck of a lot. I was going to try and explain it in supra parts, but it probably won't make sense to most.. i.e. an entire door, pair of stock front seats, pair of rear wheels & tyre's, etc... (if anyone has tried to pick those up you'll know how much weight that is!).

Some others at work suggest some other comparissions:

- 25 bags of sugar

- a fully grown labrador

- a 6-7 year old child

- many other silly ones :D

Imagine carrying one of those around with you everywhere you go, thats how much weight it is :blink:

I suppose this one has actually worked then, :dontfeedmods:, :p

lol, never has that smilie been more appropriate :D

well done porky:D

Shut it you! :p

Well done mate!!

I know how much work it is, in the last 10 months, I lost 37.5 pounds in the forst 8 months, and now with good constant weight training I have picked up about 4kgs...

Constant work to keep it going, but well worth it in the end! Just feel so much better :D

Well done Graham, superb stuff!

That's awesome news Darryl and very timely too. It was IIRC a year ago tomorrow that I had my heart palpitations that led to me starting out on my own weight-loss/fitness programme.

So far I've reduced all my worrying issues to normal and lost 3.5 stone. I now run at between 4.5 and 6 miles every evening except when I'm doing Kendo.

I've reached a stage where I'm kind of slowing down on the weight loss despite the exercising but your news will spur me on to lose that next three stone! It just goes to show that the desire to change combined with a steady and achievable set of goals is the best way to lose weight.

Dead chuffed for you. Pie and a pint to celebrate?

Well Done, great achievement

Great post, I've lost 1st 9lbs in just over a year now.

But over Xmas put 7lbs back on!!

I've now lost this again so back to 1st 8lbs lost and was just starting to get p@ssed off with it, but you've made me remember how much

better it makes you feel (I'll put the crisps back in the cupboard:d)

onward and upward:D

I wonder how much 5.5 stone is in cats?

Reaching that BMI normal is an amazing thing. I slipped back out it but hope to have gained it back by the end of the month along with increased flexibility and fitness.

Now is the hard part Darryl: maintenance.

Or are you going to go for the six pack?

Keep a body/fitness goal, doesnt matter what, and keep working towards it with the same dedication you have shown, that's my advice from now on.

Top effort man :thumbs: to dramatically turn it around that much and for that long a duration takes some dedication. It's amazing how much improvement in quality of life makes doesn't it? And you look back and wonder how you got into such a rut (or at least I did from my own perspective when I was that way).

Good effort too RedM on that much running! Knees not suffering?

Keep it up fellas, right up :thumbs:

:trophy::respekt::woot: Well done mate! That is a bloody fantastic achievement :) I've really noticed the difference in you over the past 18 months, I knew you would do it.

I'm a little sad though, 'Big Homer' and 'Big Burna' hugs will never be the same again :( and lets both make sure they are never 'Big' again mate! :D

Again very well done Darryl :yahoo:

You just had to go and beat my 25% weight loss didn't you, you git!

Big congrats D!!! :)

I'm on my own 'sensible eating' plan (I refuse to acknowledge it's any kind of diet) and have a long way to go... have generally just quit any kind of snacking - no chocolate / crisps / ice-cream etc. but still eating normal meals. Not weighing myself as I don't wanna know!

Have been doing it a few months now and notice jeans being loose, belt being in a few notches and that's good enough motivation. Along with me having a couple of karting meets and being very competitive :sly:. Getting back into some kinda motorsport is a good driver for me :)

Cheers,

Brian.

P.S. HOVIS!!! :eyebrows: