The mkiv Supra Owners Club

JTS: Silverstone, 31st May

Jason

• Replies 264
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Set up times on Sunday are 7-9.30 am. Strictly no entry after 9.30 and no vehicle movement unless moving to and from the track. Track time briefings start at 8.30am and go through to 3.30pm. Can I suggest we plan to move off from McDs to Silverstone at 8.45am. I'll aim t get to McDs for 8.00 just in case someone needs to collect wrist bands and get to an early briefing. Any advances on 8.45? I'll be the one with suntan oil smeared all over my bonce:cool:

It says on the JTS website in the FAQ part that if your on a club stand in the circuit then you wont be able to leave in your car till 6pm !!

Not sure about that and might just leave my car in the general carpark if thats the case.

It says on the JTS website in the FAQ part that if your on a club stand in the circuit then you wont be able to leave in your car till 6pm !!

Not sure about that and might just leave my car in the general carpark if thats the case.

Are all the club stands in the circuit? Is ours?

They said exactly the same last year and there were cars coming and going all day. We left about 4 and had absolutely no problems leaving. Our stand is at the back of the pit garages,(if you've been to Silverstone before, outside the main restaurant and bar) outside the wire if you like, but inside the circuit perimeter along with the other club stands.

I've just invested in shares in Meguires getting ready for this, tomorrow is a right off for cleaning. Halfrauds are doing 3 for 2 by the way on Meguires and Autoglym if your tempted.

What time shall I bring my car over? ;)

Are all the club stands in the circuit? Is ours?

Yes, and thus yes.

I've just spoke to the organisers and they said unless its an emergency and you have to leave you wont be able to till 6pm.

Last year was the same, there is no way they can make you stay. It was about 4 we all went last year.

I don't know why they say you can't come & go at Silverstone, the centre/paddock area is accessed via a bridge so there is no disruption to the track if you want to leave early (and last year no-one from our club stayed till 6pm; and most of all the other clubs had gone home by the time I left at 4ish, too.)

I can see it could cause issues if you had to cross the track, which is the case at other circuits and events that the organisers run, so I figured it was some standard text they stuck onto all their information material. TBH the info you get sent before/after booking isn't that great so I'd take it with a pinch of salt, despite the phone 'confirmation'.

The McDs that we met at last year (and I assume TNT intends to use the same one this year) is just off the A43, here:

-> NN12 6TQ

google map link

Our stand is at the back of the pit garages,(if you've been to Silverstone before, outside the main restaurant and bar) outside the wire if you like, but inside the circuit perimeter along with the other club stands.

FYI - were in garage 7A just to the right of the pedestrian bridge :)